Jasper in June

TNT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering how much interest there would be in a Jasper outing in June. I will do the legwork if there is enough interest.... everybody chime in and tell me how much fun the Columbia Icefields Parkway would be!!!!:headbang:

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're in. LMK if you want any help with it!
The Icefields Parkway was great, no trucks and no cell coverage, but half the fun was just getting there, right?

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
depends on the prices.Beeing a second/third year apprentise i have had a big cut back in the cash area so it will depend on what the smart half of the relationship says we can do.But we have booked the VOI hotel so i hope i can do that one for sure all those cars all the people all the excitement.HEHEHEHE

OP
OP
T

TNT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am thinking earlier in June right now, probably the weekend of the 5th or 12th. I will have a better idea after the weekend as I will have the time to call a few places to see about accomodation. Earlier also gets us away from equinox on the 21st where we tend to get more rain here in Alberta , especially in the foothills and edge of the rockies. Earlier also gets us away from the more intense holiday traffic. If anyone has any suggestions on where to stay let me know as I will be trying to keep the costs fairly reasonable.

Trevor

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
think its the coast pyramid lake resort hotels we used for the last jasper stay.out of the way and safe parking nice ride from down town jasper.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds fun. I will try to make it but with a 6 month old its tough to get away. Does anyone know how to bring your wife and a baby in the car????.. HAHA

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking earlier in June right now, probably the weekend of the 5th or 12th. I will have a better idea after the weekend as I will have the time to call a few places to see about accomodation. Earlier also gets us away from equinox on the 21st where we tend to get more rain here in Alberta , especially in the foothills and edge of the rockies. Earlier also gets us away from the more intense holiday traffic. If anyone has any suggestions on where to stay let me know as I will be trying to keep the costs fairly reasonable.

Trevor

We used the Pryamid Lake Resort in '07, it was reasonable, but no a/c. I'd be tempted to use Jasper Park Lodge, though it would be pricey, but the set up is nice and they may be able to throw a group rate our way. PLR were a bit of a pain to deal with as the resort is closed in the off season. I'll check my old stuff to see if I can provide a contact and number. Early June may be wet and cool in the rockies, we did it in late July in '07 and it was nice and hot. I was interested to see when you were planning as a Kelowna/Okanagan event is likely to develop as well.

Greg

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds fun. I will try to make it but with a 6 month old its tough to get away. Does anyone know how to bring your wife and a baby in the car????.. HAHA

The first year i had the viper I did this trip to Jasper.Alone.My wife stayed home and looked after what i think at the time may have also been my six month old baby boy.Was a goo trip and mommmy got to spend time alone with the baby.LOL

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A no go for me, we are moving into a new house on the weekend of June 5th, take posession on June 1st so I am sure the week before and after the 5th will be mayhem. :(

We will be in Jasper early July, though the drive wont be as exciting or quick paced in the motorhoome! lol

Tony2

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I know that one of the VCA members bolted a babyseat anchor on the shelf behind the seats and installe his babyseat on top of the console. He said it was a perfect fit. Might have to testdrive several baby seats? BC has instituted CSA certification for all car baby seats so what for that label as many of the China ones are bad quality and were deemed unsafe. BC Gov likes to pass laws on minutea. Instead of just advising people on things they pass laws.

I used to take my kids (after they were a couple months old) in my Pro Street Machines. They loved it. The rumble of the exhaust calmed and settled them. Even now that they're 30, my daughters still love muscle cars. My 23 year old son also wants me to give him him my 440 Duster and the Vipers.

Teach the baby about the quality of life and riding around in a Viper seems to be one of the good things in life.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Expect that Deana and I will be in attendendence. Wonder if there's any chance of having a road rally? An autoX if all we can get is a Hotel parking lot? LOL.

We need a reason to hand out trophies?

Ted

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are looking at the July 18th weekend for the Kelowna event.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doesn't matter much, but I'd prefer any other weekend in June.

Ted

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well with the weather being the way it has been this spring in southern Alberta :( I am guessing it should be nice enough to do this tour sometime around late July – early August and I can go then!! :woot:

Tony2

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
June 5th weekend. Hotel info was sent out with suggestions to reserve NOW.

I was informed that I'll be in Edmonton for the sister-in-laws "YWCA Woman of Distinction" award on the 3rd. I have family in Edmonton and when are you Edmontonians and Red Deer people meeting up to leave on Friday?

Ted

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Weekend after next. Bought Arizona insurance until Middle of June so I'll be bringing the ACR instead of the Sapphire beast. I'll need to removed the Nitrous and C02 bottle from the trunk so the wife's suitcases can come along with us.

Ted

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weekend after next. Bought Arizona insurance until Middle of June so I'll be bringing the ACR instead of the Sapphire beast. I'll need to removed the Nitrous and C02 bottle from the trunk so the wife's suitcases can come along with us.

Ted

You are going to be in Edmonton before Jasper? We are committed at Three Hills(same weekend). Maybe we could hook up before?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're gonna miss the first event?

We'll probably be there Thursday afternoon and then go to the dinner. Friday afternoon we'll meet up with Trevor and Terri at a restaurant sout Edm and head to Jasper from there. Friday afternoon you could meet up with us for late lunch?

Ted

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're gonna miss the first event?

We'll probably be there Thursday afternoon and then go to the dinner. Friday afternoon we'll meet up with Trevor and Terri at a restaurant sout Edm and head to Jasper from there. Friday afternoon you could meet up with us for late lunch?

Ted

We are committed at show and shine from last year.

We will work at meeting up in Edt. friday. Call me at 403-505-2444.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper