Jesel rocker pics

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pics of the Jesels installed if anyone is interested in seeing how they look. These rockers are extremely nice in quality. Can't wait for the rain to end to see how they perform.
6316jesel_1-med.JPG

6316jesel_3-med.JPG

6316jesel_2-med.JPG

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
How much HP are roller rockers worth? And which are the best - Jesel or T&D?

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much HP are roller rockers worth? And which are the best - Jesel or T&D?

I've heard/read anywhere from 15-25hp. The added hp is good, but I also did them for strength (future forced induction). Many say the Jesels are the best now, but T&Ds are proven to be strong and are used by many top tuners as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Simms,

Did you notice any difference in sound (louder/quieter) from the engine or exhaust?

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simms,

Did you notice any difference in sound (louder/quieter) from the engine or exhaust?

Well, when I first started it up, it sounded like hell due to the new rockers having no oil. But after about 2 minutes, the rockers got quieter. Probably not as quiet as stock, but they are roller rockers. You can slightly hear them ticking or I guess I should say working. With the hood closed I hear nothing.

Not sure if the exhaust sounded any different. Its been raining here and I haven't had a chance to drive the car. I just let it idle. I have heard some people say it will sound slightly different though. I'll let you know when the rain is out of here.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great choice Simms! Jesel are better than T & D - and a lot of people know that T & D have been the standard by which other rockers have been judged for the Viper for some time.

Of course Jesel are also more expensive too - but you get what you pay for :cool:

If you ever install a more aggreesive cam - pre-lube the rockers and prelube the pushrods (where they fit into the rocker) before fire up - this is on top of winding the engine over or engine prelubing prior to first fire up. :2tu:

for prelube you could use moly - but race Royal Purple oil will have even greater film strength and it will retain a film better. Redline might also work. The more common OEM oils are a poor substitute for pre-lubing heavy loads, but are fine once started and oil pressure is up at the lowest pressure point in the system.

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great choice Simms! Jesel are better than T & D - and a lot of people know that T & D have been the standard by which other rockers have been judged for the Viper for some time.

Of course Jesel are also more expensive too - but you get what you pay for :cool:

If you ever install a more aggreesive cam - pre-lube the rockers and prelube the pushrods (where they fit into the rocker) before fire up - this is on top of winding the engine over or engine prelubing prior to first fire up. :2tu:

for prelube you could use moly - but race Royal Purple oil will have even greater film strength and it will retain a film better. Redline might also work. The more common OEM oils are a poor substitute for pre-lubing heavy loads, but are fine once started and oil pressure is up at the lowest pressure point in the system.

Thanks for the tips Torquemonster! I did prelube them a little with just Mobil 1, but obviously that was not the same as an actual prelube oil. Next time I will do that though. :cool:

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard stronger, but I beleive they are also lighter. I think Sean Roe posted the two on a scale one time. But I don't think you can go wrong with Jesel or T&D.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
All this talk about roller rockers got me excited.

Just called DLM and added T&Ds to my ever-growing list of mods :headbang:

Now please excuse me while I step away to extinguish my credit card.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look great. I think they are needed in conjunction with other mods. At approx $74/HP gained, they are somewhat pricey for most bolt-on guys... But they are definately cool, and a nice addition especially if they aren't "noisey" like some posts say.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Torquemonster,

You edited your post. Initially you were hesitant to recommend Jesel over T&D, because they don't have the proven reliability history that T&D has (though you said if experimenting, you would choose Jesel). Now you say quite confidently that Jesel are better.

What happened in the last 2 days to make you flip-flop? Or am I confusing two seperate posts?

FWIW, I care primarily about reliability. If I have to sacrifice 3HP (or some other single digit number) for reliability, I'll do it happily. Lot of good those 3 extra HP will do me while my car is on the side of the road.

But if Jesel offers the same reliability as T&D AND gives greater HP, then yes, of course, I would prefer them.

Maybe some people who have had Jesel roller rockers installed for several thousands of miles can chime in. How long have they been available?