Joined the crash-club

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, Jon, that's terrible
frown.gif
. I'm sorry to hear it; it is repairable I'm sure. At least he didn't hit you harder (small consolation, I know).

Regards,
Clint

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. Hate it when something like that happens. Be aware that a low speed impact can still do a lot of damage that can't be seen.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man I'm sick. Jon, that mustard Viper was beautiful. Dammmmmm. The sooner you fix it the better you'll feel. Good luck.

BTW don't think about coming down here and parking that piece of crap in my driveway until it's fixed.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
BTW don't think about coming down here and parking that piece of crap in my driveway until it's fixed
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dude, that's just wrong. Sorry to hear about the "fender bender" JMcGuire.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That totally *****!!
shake.gif
How did you handle the situation on the scene? Being that he had no ID. Did you call the cops & if so was he ticketed? Sorry to hear about that buddy!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wilddude:

BTW don't think about coming down here and parking that piece of crap in my driveway until it's fixed
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dude, that's just wrong. Sorry to hear about the "fender bender" JMcGuire.

I hear ya Wild. But Jon knows I'm kidding with him. He knows how much it hurts me when a Viper gets tagged.

Jon, sorry about the wizeazz comment.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMcGuire,
puke.gif

This is horrible.
I assume that you have a police report.
Bummer he may be uninsured.

but watch your back... right now your probably still running on adrenaline over all of this. tomorrow your maybe very sore??
If your hurting more than sore... get a MRI.. a back is nothing to mess with. Just my 2 cents.

Hope your car is back as good as new asap..
major bummer...what kind of ((&^*%&$&^$^#_ drives with no license
or insurance ?? is he sitting in jail right now??? I hope so!!!
bastage!!
pissed.gif

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Oh man I'm sick. Jon, that mustard Viper was beautiful. Dammmmmm. The sooner you fix it the better you'll feel. Good luck.

BTW don't think about coming down here and parking that piece of crap in my driveway until it's fixed.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What do you mean Chuck, that would be 3 Vipers that are scuffed, dented, scratched , and misaligned!

Gerald

SnakeBolt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh my god.....gerald........HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

wait-

who am i to say anything - i don't even have ONE viper yet - let alone two......
smile.gif

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That really blows, Jon. And the **** thought about running? "I WILL chase you down." That's funny.

What's this "no off to jail without a license?" It's not that way in Georgia.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon,

Your post gave me a bad feeling in my gut as I was starting to read it. Our new employee called yesterday afternoon to tell me he would be in late today because he just rear-ended someone on San Jose Blvd. and had to go to the tag agency....
Fortunately, it wasn't him.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the damage, but am glad to hear it wasn't worse. Let me know if you want the # to the shop we've sent about 10 Viper's to for frame, body and paint repair.

Sean

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Jon,

Unless I'm misunderstanding the situation, CALL YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY!

I don't think they can raise YOUR rates if you were standing still. That's what insurance is for. They will subrogate the claim to whatever insurance carrier the offending car has, and if he doesn't have insurance, I do believe it goes to a "pool" that the insurance companies escrow (can someone enhance this?... Steve F?)

The bottom line is, call your agent, and ask what to do. If he was written up for a ticket, which he was, and the police report clearly says you were standing still, I don't think your rates will be affected!

Disclaimer: I'm not an agent, nor in the insurance industry.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This all *****! First from experience, let me tell you a little something about insurance. Yeah, Joe says they can't raise your rates if it wasn't your fault? Not quite. If your ins. co. pays out and can get reimbursed from the other ins. co. because you were not at fault, then sure, no negative changes will occur to your policy. But, if there is no other insurance company, as may be the case with the low-life, trash-garbage, guy who thinks the rest of us should pay his way, system beating, no-job-drug selling, loose lace Nike wearing, baggy sweat pants lovin, baseball cap backwards A-hole, and your insurance company has to pay out, than you can bet that you will pay for it in the end. Maybe not so bad, but it depends on the extent of your damage. Do you think any insurance company will swallow anything if they can get away with it?

I know exactly how frustrated you are. I can't stand the kind of thing who hit you, and the fact that it is even considered a human being sickens me. I could just see the look in his eyes, as though.....what?.....did I do something wrong?......it's not my fault I was raised as a bum to leech off the rest of society for the rest of my life......what?.....you have a problem with me?...... To think that this "thing" is able to VOTE and create offspring!!!!! And we wonder why Florida had so many election problems last time with morons like this thing trying to follow directions?

Good luck!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I thought "no-fault state" ment that insurance companies cannot raise your rates if you were not directly at fault for the damage. (i.e. fowl, wildlife, weather, bridge missing, some idiot who can't see a nuclear yellow $70k car directly in front of him, ect...)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew2KRT10:
This all *****! First from experience, let me tell you a little something about insurance. Yeah, Joe says they can't raise your rates if it wasn't your fault? Not quite. If your ins. co. pays out and can get reimbursed from the other ins. co. because you were not at fault, then sure, no negative changes will occur to your policy. But, if there is no other insurance company, as may be the case with the low-life, trash-garbage, guy who thinks the rest of us should pay his way, system beating, no-job-drug selling, loose lace Nike wearing, baggy sweat pants lovin, baseball cap backwards A-hole, and your insurance company has to pay out, than you can bet that you will pay for it in the end. Maybe not so bad, but it depends on the extent of your damage. Do you think any insurance company will swallow anything if they can get away with it<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But isn't that what that little $200/year "Unisured Motorist" rider on my bill supposed to cover? I need to break out my contract again...

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The point is, even if you are covered, and you pay a premium for a particular coverage, you will still feel the brunt of your insurance company having to pay out a claim. Much like total glass coverage. That rock hitting your windshield wasn't your fault, but if your ins. co. has to pay out 2-3K for your windsheild to be replaced, do you honestly think you will not pay for that in the end?? Think again.

But then that is my experience.....

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the misfortune.
crying.gif

In late '89, I was almost killed by a driver radically changing lanes into my motorcycle. Not his car, no license, no insurance - and he skipped the country, not to be found again. But, ya know what, every day after that experience is like bonus time.

Relatively speaking, you're OK. A year from now it'll be an anecdote.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,

I can imagine how you feel - that *****
frown.gif

I am amazed the cops didn't haul the guy away for driving with no license and on a suspended license. What did they do, let him drive home? That's just insane. And people wonder why we have no faith in the cops?

Your insurance company will pay for the damages (assuming you have full coverage) and then THEY will attempt to recover their money from this guy, either through his company, or the car owners company, or through him personally. They MAY send you a letter saying they are going to raise your rates, however you have the option to dispute this, and you should, and you WILL win if you were sitting motionless - no questions about that.

I would think that given that you have your own insurance, the only things you could sue for would be loss of value (if you ins. co doesn't cover that), and the costs you incur not directly related to the damage - such as the cost of a rental car, downtime of you car, etc.

Take some comfort in the fact that the guy did not try to run, and that it was a low speed collision, and that your car can be competently fixed to new or better than new by a good bodyshop. Think how bad Chuck felt when he went tire-surfing... and it was even his own fault! At least there was nothing YOU could have done about this one.

P.S. Next time I an near Jax, we will go pay this guy a visit
smile.gif
... I'm sure he can pay you back either in coke, car rims, or in gold chains... any of those will suffice
laugh.gif

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know how the left lane is supposed to be for the "faster" drivers? I think we should have an uninsured lane. These a$$holes cause so many accidents and the rest of us pay!

Sorry to see the damage!! Good luck and keep everyone posted on progress!

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for your misfortune and I couldnt agree more with jimandela, get yourself looked at; orthopedic or chiropractic best choice for musculoskeletal. im a physician and see waaay too many who thought they were ok only to find out theyre injured. like your car, you never know what is damaged beneath the surface even with light impact. Good Luck and if you need any further advice, contact me via my website

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OUCH!!! Sorry to hear about the damage to your baby. That is really terrible, and I'm sure you are extremely upset. The pictures look horrible
pissed.gif
I always say, God help anyone who ever hits me, they will see a side of me that not many have ever seen hehehe!!
laugh.gif
I know people say, "it's just a car", but to Viper owners it is more than "just a car". We all seem to understand eachother's feelings about our cars
smile.gif
I hope it all works out for you, and I'm glad you weren't hurt.
Laura
devil.gif
angel.gif
devil.gif

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Say it isn't so!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Take it to prostar on phillips hwy, 3 blocks from Roe Racing.
They fixed Rob St.'s car after he hit a spun out, hit a curb, 2 street signs and one of the signs was stuck in the door and hood.

look at the car now, can even tell. no fish eyes or overspay. all parts are painted of the car and minimal taping.

hope you will back on the road for our July 13 run.

J

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch, same thing happened to me two weeks after I finished restoring my Triumph TR3A (1982). The Lady in the station wagon got mad at me for sitting there not moving (and getting hit)..... at a red light! Go figure, she must have been color blind. Her collision insurance paid.

Then it happened to me AGAIN last year in our Grand Voyager, waiting at a yield for cross traiffic to clear.... bam. The police were there in two minutes, made out a report, and his insurance paid. In both cases, I had to go to get estimates for repair, and then argue with the insurance company 'till my chosen repairers estimate and theirs "met". The police report was very important as it assigned guilt. In your case, even if the kid was not insured, your insurance company (if you had to use the uninsured driver part of the policy) would go after whoever they could to get their money back, in this case, likely the owner of the car. It's good to hear the other side is paying.... this will make life much easier.

Remember Mopar those parts manuals you down loaded..... now would be a good time to look at the one for your car! No foam in the the rear bumper, it has a fiberglass absorption piece... it is likely crunched.... I seem to recall it's not cheap, had to buy one for my project. Only way to see if it is broke is to peel off the rear facia. It is possible that is all the damage other than the Viper applique' (which is around $60)...

Now for the hidden things to look at, if it got hit squarely (even not very hard), it is possible the right rear frame rail got tweaked a bit, you'll need to get the frame measured to find that one..... If he hit you hard enough to move you, I'd bet it's bent.... a 5-10 mph hit will bend things
frown.gif

Next, open the trunk, and remove the spare tire. look in the latch area, and the trunk area were the spare tire fits, and the flat floor for cracks..... again, repairable.... but only way to get back to pre-crunch is a rear inner structure, you do not want to go there as everything from the doors back has to come off to replace the rear-inner structure.

You have my #, feel free to give me a call.

S

SUN RA KAT

Don't forget to ask for a free loaner car comparable to your Viper while your car is being fixed. Of course that means a Viper rental car since nothing is comparable to a Viper!