Joined the crash-club

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, no body is more stupid than me. I only had my car a few months, just came back for an 18 hour trip to VOI 6, had a great time, went to the gym, and as I was parking I noticed a better spot for which I had to back up quick before anyone else got the spot. I threw it into reverse, and started going backwards before looking into the mirror, and BANG! Backed up right into some guy in an old car sitting right behind me. Scuffed all the letters of the rear bumper, and added a whole bunch of scratches. Lucky for me our bumpers were at the same height. Went home, took the bumper off, ran it down to a local Autobody shop I trusted, had the bumper back in a week. Waited another two weeks for the letters and installed myself. Cost me $350, and I swear to this day you can't tell it was hit. The bumper comes off pretty easy. Forget insurance with a $500 deductible, I didn't bother.

AC

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a few people already mentioned, get a medical checkup. It's extremely easy for your spine to get out of alignment, which can result in a bulging disc, which will eventually lead to a herniated disc and then worse. I'm talking from experience, lucky my back surgery was successful. In NY if the other driver has no insurance or only the minimun personal injury liability or less than yours this is where your uninsured/underinsured policy comes into play. For example if your personal injuries are worth 100,000 and his policy has a limit of 20,000, once his limit is exhausted your uninsured/underinsured kicks in.

Good luck, i'm sure the car will turn out great.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<thread bastardization>

Ok Mark, that was pretty funny
laugh.gif

But Bruntonius Baloonius? Is that supposed to be my "technical medical name"?? Because growing up they always referred to me as "Bruntonius Giantus ****-us"... whatever that meant
laugh.gif

</thread bastardization>

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
"Bruntonius Giantus ****-us"...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they were saying Giantus DUNG-us... as in poop

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
McGuire:
Just read about the damage. Sorry! Pretty ironic though knowing that you either have to drive a repaired Viper or selling it and buying an SRT-10 to replace it!

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:

Meanwhile the Rental Rustang sits in my driveway, clearly visible from my office... MOCKING ME!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

How does the car look??
Do you want a "loaner"??
smile.gif

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went by the bodyshop today to see about getting side and rear lettering painted white and saw Jon's car sitting out front. Can't even tell it was damaged.

Looks GOOD

How much HP does that new bumper pad ad? I guess we will find out tomorrow at the Viper meeting.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SLITHRN:
Went by the bodyshop today to see about getting side and rear lettering painted white and saw Jon's car sitting out front.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought his name was Jim?
confused.gif
supergrin.gif

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
The car is finally back! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations.

Coincidentally, when my car was out for a month, I had a rental Mustang-o-vert. I would come around a corner at moderate (for a Viper) speed and that thing would lean, get all loose and squeal the tires like a stuck pig. It was sure nice to lose that POC. I'm sure you feel the same.