Just bought and broken already

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's too funny!!! I remember many tranny fluid changes in the old TH350/400's and C4/6's, the good `ole 727 with NO drain plug. Always got that stream of ATF down your arm to your face, down your back, in your mouth. The anti-freeze change via cracking the lower hose (no drain rooster - can't type the real word - obviously) - always down the arm like above or splashing off something into your mouth. Eating a sandwich in the middle of a brake job, diff lube change, bearing re-pack. Bologna, Wonder bread, mustard, Go-Jo and automotive fluids...now that's a lunch!

Then there's always the siphoning Dad's gas at midnight...yum!

That reads like car ****. :rolaugh:

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably just a hose! :rolleyes:

The fan motor is hydraulically driven using the power steering fluid through the power steering pump. The fittings at the pump or the motor leak and create a huge mess. I seriously doubt that your fan motor needs replacing if you caught the leak early. Are there strange noises coming from the fan? Is the fan working?

Locate the leak and/or upload some pictures of the location as posted earlier. You probably just need to replace a hose assembly.:dunno:

OP
OP
D

drake21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I brought it to another dealership for a second opinion and they also told me it was the cooling fan motor(and possibly the steering pump too) They told me recall bulleting C31 is not covered under warranty anyway. Both dealers confirmed the price of the part is 1350$$ (+419 if the power steering pump needs to be replaced too) +4 hours labour...friggin over 2k with taxes. I'm not happy with this car at all

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I brought it to another dealership for a second opinion and they also told me it was the cooling fan motor(and possibly the steering pump too) They told me recall bulleting C31 is not covered under warranty anyway. Both dealers confirmed the price of the part is 1350$$ (+419 if the power steering pump needs to be replaced too) +4 hours labour...friggin over 2k with taxes. I'm not happy with this car at all

Well, you cant blame the car for the previous owners not doing the recall. And that recall certainly should be covered... perhaps its time to make a road trip down to the USA to get it covered?

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recalls are for safety, and as a result have to be free, and continue to be well after warranty ends.

I've had a recall done on a Dodge Stealth from the States years after warranty ran out. If your car is part of the recall they have no choice. They don't issue recalls to be polite, or to save you money.

As far as I know.:dunno:

Good Luck, and try phoning Chrysler Canada.

vpr hlr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the car troubles. I know someone in town who has 3 vipers and one is getting worked on right now. I will call him and find out who he uses .

05SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my attempt to (hopefully) make you feel better about your debacle: I bought my 2005 in May of this year. Like you, I put too much faith in its durability and failed to purchase an extended warranty (like you, I was driving a Japanese sports car before the purchase). Within 2 weeks, I was getting the engine replaced for a spun bearing. It didn't stop there, and I ended up making numerous other repairs from home. I spent $10K to get back on the road, and I'm still finding things wrong, some from the previous owner, some from the folks doing the engine swap. Long story short, it's an expensive hobby, and we're both learning the hard way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21