Just did the Dual Pinstripes...What do ya think????

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After seeing some with it, I liked the look. I went to several sign shops and they wanted anywhere from $480 to $550 to do it. I went to a local bodyshop supplier, bought a 150 foot roll of 3M black 1/4 pinstripe for $13.00 and did it myself. The hardest part was that NACA duct opening. It took me about 2 1/2 hours and I saved some money for some other Viper stuff :2tu: .

ROB :usa:

485stripes_1.jpg

Here is a pic of the car stock, no black chrome wheels, no pinstripes, no painted GTS emblems, not lowered, no clear corners and no chrome gas cap door...
48501_acr.jpg

485stripes_2.jpg

485stripes_3.jpg

485stripes_4.jpg

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rob NICE JOB! I really like it, it adds to the car. Now you have something unique to the other bumblebee's out there!

KEEP IT!

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. Did you black chrome the wheels?

No, That is all the brake dust from the stock pads ;) ...

YES I did Black Chrome the wheels. First I had them Chromed, so I could keep the outer edge chrome, then I had the Black Powder Coat applied to just the middle. They look GREAT.

My cross drilled rotors should arrive Thursday and then I am going to change the rotors and the pads to EBC Green's.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pinstripes look right on. Reminds me how the pin stripes look great the same way on the original 96 white with blue stripe and black/ silver R/T 10. Also what looks great is that the stripes don't continue through the back license plate. Since the wheels are black and your putting on the cross drilled rotors, if they are Eradispeed, you may want to have the black hat hubs on the rotor painted yellow or chromed to brighten them up a bit so they get noticed. One friend anodized the Eradispeed hats blue on a 96 Blue GTS and it made the rotors come alive.

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
I Like......... :) Also personal taste but I like the stripes through the plate area, ck out my avatar, to me it completes the yellow & black.

enjoy !

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice look, what do you do when you wax it? Wont the wax build up around the tape?

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any pic's without to compare. I think it looks great. Have the stripe, but haven't gotten around to doing mine. Did you do it yourself ? Any advise ?

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, just what you were looking for. I was just going to call you about this thread.

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any pic's without to compare. I think it looks great. Have the stripe, but haven't gotten around to doing mine. Did you do it yourself ? Any advise ?

First off, thanks guys for the comments :2tu: :2tu: .

I did add a BEFORE pic.

Yes I did it myself. I wiped down the areas with alcohol and then just went from there. I used about 40 feet out of a 150 foot roll. That was even with A LOT of screw ups. Luckily I have a lift and did the front and back bumpers up in the air so it was at eye level. Take your time and for the NACA duct I removed it (just pop hood and loosen up 6 nuts) and did the tape inside the small opening around the duct too. DO NOT pull the tape hard, this will stretch out the tape and distort the line.

Good Luck.

ROB :usa:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never really liked the stripes but those look good and the plate matches perfect.

Congrads man

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, I never cared much for the black stripes on the yellow, but with the pin stripes added it really looks good. Nice job.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad