Just drove 500 miles and

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just drove up from Hollywood FL to Savannah GA. Nice drive went to the hotel and young kid wanted to valet my car. So I said no thanks I will park her my self. **** as I was pulling away I hit the curb. $&;: this *****. Light curb rash can it be fixed? There six spoke.

rey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter what, You did the rite thing by not letting the kid valet your beauty......

OP
OP
M

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Yep I'm pretty handy I think I will give it a shot. Look out you tube here I come. I just hope she makes it thru the night.

craig_g

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so how bad was the drive without cruise control ? im going to hilton head in a few weeks- 1100 miles and im taking the viper, so ,,,,,,,,

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Savannah a lot, great town. Definitely able to be fixed. You can always sell me your rims though and buy a new set. ;)

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10-12 hours in the Viper can be taxing, but it's a matter of finding that sweet cruising speed (usually around 90) where you can relax your leg and foot and let it rest on the pedal lightly. I was surprised to find how much difference that made once I discovered where my Snake liked to run.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10-12 hours in the Viper can be taxing, but it's a matter of finding that sweet cruising speed (usually around 90) where you can relax your leg and foot and let it rest on the pedal lightly. I was surprised to find how much difference that made once I discovered where my Snake liked to run.

Agreed! But sometimes i see myself saying...
Sorry officer, that's just where my snake likes to run :)

rosco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so how bad was the drive without cruise control ? im going to hilton head in a few weeks- 1100 miles and im taking the viper, so ,,,,,,,,

use the adjustable peddles on long trips. i like to push mine back as far as possible to stretch my legs out more. leg gets a little stiff, pull it up some, change it up.
and yep, 1700 rpms at 90 mph is just about perfect cruising speed. most of the traffic is doing 80 to 85 anyway. if you travel on weekends cruise controll is useless anyway, too much traffic.

craig_g

Viper Owner
Reaction score
use the adjustable peddles on long trips. i like to push mine back as far as possible to stretch my legs out more. leg gets a little stiff, pull it up some, change it up.
and yep, 1700 rpms at 90 mph is just about perfect cruising speed. most of the traffic is doing 80 to 85 anyway. if you travel on weekends cruise controll is useless anyway, too much traffic.

gota say thats a idea I did not think about !!!!

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Light curb rash can it be fixed?

Yes, they can be fixed - no worries! Were you in front of the valet kid when you rubbed, by chance?? I hope not - If so, did you feel like a :dunce:?

I know I was pretty embarassed when that happened to me: "Uhh, that's never happened before, I swear..."

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main thing that anoyes me is the wide tires tracking in the ruts of the road. The Gen4 is a pleasure to drive long distances & like everyone else said, unless your going 85+ 6th is useless and you will find yourself slowing down to 70 or less. If you can maintain over 85 you fuel economy is better in 6th, under 80 it will be worse, drop to 5th. Like someone said above regarding moving around - I use the adjustable pedals as my gruise control. I back my seat up 1 notch and use the adjustment to move the pedals to my foot so I find that comfortable spot where my fot rests and holds the desired speed.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess the valet guy got a laugh out of that. But the only car I too would have valet is a rental. The wheel can be fixed and then get a new alignment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960