Just flipped to the dark side

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just traded in my beloved '95 that I've had for 6 yrs. I know I'm a traitorous dog to the RT family ... I went for a silver '99 coupe. 3k miles and so clean and perfect you could almost lick the oil pan. Hennessey headers and exhaust, lowered, airbox opened up w/smoothies and K&Ns. Bought it from SW here in Austin at Elite Motorsports and it dynos at 450rwhp.

My impression after 6 yrs of gen I ownership and track use: HOLY #!^&$!! I didn't know what I'd been missing. This thing is a totally different car. Soooo smooth handling I can't hardly believe it. Stability at speed is vastly superior to my gen I. It was always trying to snap around on me at the track ... what a balancing act. This one doesn't have that knife edge twitchiness at all. Power and thrust are awesome as well. Probably 75-80 rwhp more than the RT. What I want to know is how the heck have I been passing all those coupes at the track?
You must be registered for see images
The drivers must have been asleep ... driven hard this thing is going to be a streak!

I'm in love.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Eric, congrats...SW certainly carries some PRIME used exotics! More and more, I believe the rarer colors will be premium-priced after Aug 2002.

The feelings you express are EXACTLY like those of us in turn, who took delivery of GTSs back in '96. HOLY $HIT ! The Gen-I RT and the GEN-II cars are night-day different cars.

Eric, be careful in a Texas Gullywashing Downpour. K+N Airbox has 2 tiny drainholes. Rainstorms in TX are not tiny !

One note: Those of you with Eric's "twitchy" complaints, esp on 92-94 RTs, there are some simple "fixes" to improve this condition. Once performed, you can also love your handling almost as much as GTS owners !

2thDr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric,

If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for it? I've seen that GTS in his store. I sincerely hope you didn't pay more than $60,000. (I just sold my black GTS (at the left) with similar mods and miles and in MINT condition for $58,000)

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB,

Would you mind sharing some of the "simple fixes"? I know that there is a thread regarding alignment, so if this what you are referring to then I'll look at that thread. Thanks for the information
You must be registered for see images