Just got off the dyno

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
100 hp pick up with a tune. Wow, where can I get that done?

QUOTE=Russ M;2903072]That would be a special dyno facility, on a properly calibrated dynojet your car will make roughly 400rwhp.

Don't get to caught up in the online dynojet wars, just use them as a baseline for your mods.

His car makes exactly what it should considering all the mods were put onto the car and nothing was done to make them work with the fuel/timing properly. After all is said and done I would not be surprised to see low 500's out of his car, if not more.[/QUOTE]

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what troll me means. I'm just responding to your post.

"on a properly calibrated dynojet your car will make roughly 400rwhp."

"I would not be surprised to see low 500's out of his car, if not more."

Are you trying to troll me now or are you seriously this stupid...

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you read the post or just come on read the last few posts and start making your own?

He has many mods which include ported heads, even with a crap port job and all his mods there is no reason his car should not make at least 500rwhp.

Your stock car with a good tune is going to pickup roughly 15rwhp and 40-60 lb's of torque.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ,
Yes I read the entire post. Your post I'm refering to sounds like you are refering to one car not two. Just kind of confusing when you read it. You should probably use names when talking to more than one person in a post.

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have new wires coming along with diff plugs, going to change out the o2's and put 93 in it. I think that is where alot of my problem is. The car was tuned and ran on 93 all its life. We dont have 93 in Okc but at one pump. SO i have been running 91. I put 93 in it, feels alot better!

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are confusing a prius for a Viper I think. Go ahead and run your viper at 13.2 or better yet 14.7 let us know how that works out for you.

While you are busy arguing with me about part throttle lite load cruising tune's I am interested in max power/safe tunes. You may want to do some learning about what the difference is.

Do you do anything but regurgitate what you read online? Arguing with you entertaining at best, selective hearing is perhaps the most entertaining. I said stoich is 14.7:1 for gasoline, I did not say to tune the car at 14.7:1 at the pipe. 13.2 is on the money for an N/A car, but go ahead, tune your car rich, wash down some rings over time, burn excessive oil and destroy your CR. :drive:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope for the ops sake that you are not the tuner.

PS. Over on the alley there is a Trust that could not figure out how to bolt on a bolt on turbo kit, would that happen to be you?

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the RC12ECCs in when you do the plug and wire change. 13.2 AFR is perfect for your motor this time of year in Oklahoma at the DA you are at. Your PCM may have been flashed (who knows) with a tune based on where the car's previous life was...sea level/high altitude/somewhere in between...so who knows what the open loop timing and fuel tables are right now. Get an ODB-II data log software (PCMSCAN) and see what your baseline is.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah...I don't think the car has had any cam or head work done. His original post indicated unknown??? In my reading of the tea leaves, that leads me to believe nothing has been done. He might be assuming something has been done, but is not sure. If that makes sense. Either way, he's a fellow Snake owner and is just looking for a little help with ownership. That's my main concern.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read this thread as I found the subject interesting. Since he just bought the car and is trying to understand what is and what is not in or done to the car, I think the comments shouldn't be so heavy handed.

While reading the info was good, the tone was a bit sarcastic and, INHO, not needed. The same answers can be provided in a friendly, less antagonistic manner.:crazy2:

Just my opinion....we're all VCA members, let's be respectful, as if he knew the answers, he wouldn't be asking!:headbang:

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope for the ops sake that you are not the tuner.

PS. Over on the alley there is a Trust that could not figure out how to bolt on a bolt on turbo kit, would that happen to be you?

Reading comprehension is an important skill, where did anybody say that I'm the tuner? I'm simply one of his friends trying to help him out, and you are the negative Nancy.

I suppose not, I don't have a bolt-on turbo kit ;), although that would be nice. Out of curiosity, how old are you? 17-18?

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To whom it may concern. WARNING: If you notice a foul smell and it's not what you are smoking, it's probably because you're talking out of your :*****:.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading comprehension is an important skill, where did anybody say that I'm the tuner? I'm simply one of his friends trying to help him out, and you are the negative Nancy.

I suppose not, I don't have a bolt-on turbo kit ;), although that would be nice. Out of curiosity, how old are you? 17-18?

Really?

So its not you with the exact 'TRUST' handle on Viper Alley? With the exact same avatar as yours?

You sure seem to give out lots of advice considering you are not a tuner? Negative? He came on here asking for advice that advice was given by people that obviously know far more than yourself on the subject. Then you show up and start to argue things that you know nothing about in your "friends" behalf.

Tell you what I am out of this topic.

*** is with the age question? You trying to figure out if I can legally **** you or what?

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really?

So its not you with the exact 'TRUST' handle on Viper Alley? With the exact same avatar as yours?

You sure seem to give out lots of advice considering you are not a tuner? Negative? He came on here asking for advice that advice was given by people that obviously know far more than yourself on the subject. Then you show up and start to argue things that you know nothing about in your "friends" behalf.

Tell you what I am out of this topic.

*** is with the age question? You trying to figure out if I can legally **** you or what?

Guess not. You said bolt on kit.

All I said is that nobody answered his question when you jumped on him saying it had already been done, and now you're getting defensive. Just apologize for the negative "advice" and move on.

I really hope whatever word you asterisked out doesn't start with 'f', it's concerning, to put it lightly, if it did.

I'm really done arguing this, it's still entertaining, but I have other things to do.

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either way, we're gonna get that car sorted. My bet is that it has a 708 cam and maybe some headwork. It lopes quite a bit more than another local 00' and it sounds almost exactly like my car does when we started it without the cats/muffler on. We are probably going to tear the motor apart over the winter put some good pistons/rods in it then fix Jrod's boost addiction issue.

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Either way, we're gonna get that car sorted. My bet is that it has a 708 cam and maybe some headwork. It lopes quite a bit more than another local 00' and it sounds almost exactly like my car does when we started it without the cats/muffler on. We are probably going to tear the motor apart over the winter put some good pistons/rods in it then fix Jrod's boost addiction issue.

:drive:

Yes we are!

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok well since the water pump took a crap.. I am going to do the other mods.

Question 1. Are the Heartland RR ok? I know there are better, but will these get me a little extra?

Question 2. I have a extra Plenum and Twin 70mm Accufab TB's. Is there a how to into porting these plenums? Bc i have a buddy that owes me one, that ports heads etc.. And i would like him to port my intake. And I have read that on these cars bigger TB will hurt some if not properly modd'd

Question 3. Where is the best place to buy the SCT, and what all is needed. I have had AEM EMS on all my other cars, and SCT will be a new can of worms for me.

Question 4. Is stock air box with K&N filters better, that open filters in the same location no air box?

Thanks.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
see below in red

Ok well since the water pump took a crap.. I am going to do the other mods.

Question 1. Are the Heartland RR ok? I know there are better, but will these get me a little extra? yes, go for it

Question 2. I have a extra Plenum and Twin 70mm Accufab TB's. Is there a how to into porting these plenums? Bc i have a buddy that owes me one, that ports heads etc.. And i would like him to port my intake. And I have read that on these cars bigger TB will hurt some if not properly modd'd if basically stock, dont waste your time or money

Question 3. Where is the best place to buy the SCT, and what all is needed. I have had AEM EMS on all my other cars, and SCT will be a new can of worms for me. DC !

Question 4. Is stock air box with K&N filters better, that open filters in the same location no air box? open filters never seem to be helpful and pull in hot air.

Thanks.

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you for the info.. I plan going FI soon, so i think i am going to go ahead with the TB and intake for now, one less thing to do down the road. Plus i am going to get it Powder Coated.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You understand that gasoline is stoich at 14.7:1 right? 13.2 is NOT lean for a N/A car. Stoich for E10 is a little richer.

He just bought the car and it is suppose to be H/C/I with a tune, that's what he is trying to figure out. He hasn't had anybody tune it yet.

I would agree, the car needs new plugs/wires and possibly o2's then take it to the track. Who cares really what the thing dyno's anyway. The whole "my car dyno'd 20 hp more than yours" is short lived the "his put 2 cars on mine".

13.2 may not be lean, but, you get peak hp between 12.2 to 12.6. You get peak torque at the low end of that number. To his benefit, if they used the Dynojet a/f firmware/software, they read notoriously lean. The problem is they throw way too much smoothing into the a/f calculation and you cannot turn the averaging off.

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you for the info.. I plan going FI soon, so i think i am going to go ahead with the TB and intake for now, one less thing to do down the road. Plus i am going to get it Powder Coated.

Hurry up and install a TT kit and then come down here and install one on my car! :)

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ha...i was looking for a friend and then i started thinking about for me....but its just to much hassle to buy a car and sell one (when talking about higher dollar vehicles)

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess not. You said bolt on kit.

All I said is that nobody answered his question when you jumped on him saying it had already been done, and now you're getting defensive. Just apologize for the negative "advice" and move on.

I really hope whatever word you asterisked out doesn't start with 'f', it's concerning, to put it lightly, if it did.

I'm really done arguing this, it's still entertaining, but I have other things to do.

TRUST, I AGREE with you 100% and I am sure a lot of others do too. A little harsh towards your friend him is an understatement. DO NOT let those remarks bother you at all my friend, I have seen this before a lot of times. Use the IGNORE feature. He talks like he has all the answers, :rolleyes: but really lacks in creating a professional approach to help.

Best of Luck on the problem! Keep us posted on the progress and results!

God Bless!

Dave:usa:

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If GREG Good has not done your heads, then your heads are very close to stock...

OP
OP
J

jrod_okc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well i finally got everything apart. The head have not been touched as far as the intake ports go. Got the 1.7rr installed and got the SCT here today along with new suspension.

Question though. With the Cam, Headers, Exhaust, 1.7RR, and Tune will the twin 70mm Tb help? I already have them, i just want to know if i should wait until the car is boosted later this year, or go ahead and throw them on now. I have read so many mixed reviews on them. To me, the bigger the hole the more air can go threw it. I know a few post up i asked it before, but just needing some more insight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine