Just got the snake back from Larry Macedo and had a big grin....

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from picking up the car from Larry after the H20/**** install and some tuning. What a blast it was driving home. Larry had used all my gas dynoing the beast ;) so had to fill 'er up at a Sunoco. Strangers kept coming up trying to decipher the tag and got a kick reading the tag frame. Had to pop the hood as the request kept coming in and it was fun watching the reaction of folks, young and old. On the way back, close to home, saw a silver new mustang on my rear. Traffic was thick as school had just let out etc. Mustang pulls up even on the next lane and stays there for a minute or so. Could not see inside it as windows were dark. Decided not to "play" as car seemed suspicious. Came to a light and we are even. Windows go down and in it are two sheriff's deputies. They look over and just nod. The passenger smiles and takes his shades off and sure enough it is a deputy I usually see and chat with at the favorite Cuban restaurant which is a cop den during lunch hour. I pull in the post office right by my neighborhood and they pull in and we start chatting. They loved the beast and how it rumbled like a damn scarab. The Mustang is part of a 2 car undercover sting ploy to catch drag racers in the area. The other is a black Mustang with the same tint. I had already known about these cars prior as my buddies at the local PD had already given me the heads up on the Mustang. The car has no markings but two front white lights placed by the headlamps that turn blue when on. As I pulled out to leave the post office, I hammered it and waved to them. But of course, they requested I hit it when pulling out. Car sounds friggin mean and I would have given anything to see the faces of the folks that were at the postoffice watching me hammer it when 2 deputies were standing and watching me take off and waving back to me. Priceless!!!!!!!!Thank you Larry!!! :2tu: :headbang:

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool story. Some cops are actually cool guys. Some being the key word here.

If you have not planned this already...bring the car to Sarasota in December and see what it can do at the drag strip! Check the events and gatherings section for details.

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Larry after the H20/**** install and some tuning"

Was there a big difference (seat of the pants feel)with the H2O/**** install? Verses just the Roe S/C.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of fun, Bindy! Every time I get in my Viper I can't wipe the smile off my face. Have fun and be safe!

OP
OP
V

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby, I am thinking of motoring down with Larry and his crew. We will see.

King, I am not sure if there is a noticeable difference to some, but in my mind there seems to be a lil'. I do know it sounds deeper and meaner than before, and it was mean before too. So, I will allow myself to believe that the

difference is there pre-H20/**** vs post. The dyno figures are such: pre 601 RWHP 704 Max Torque Temp: 82F
now 629 RWHP 688 Max Torque Temp: 88F

Gary, I am with you on that. It is like getting into a new toy everytime you drive the beast. The grin never goes away. Of course, your grin last a lot longer as you have the big boy toy, and mine is just the starter kit. Enjoy!!

Bindy

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of which town in the country has the coolest cops and best roads,worth moving!
Good story.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4