Just installed Corsa 3" exhaust.

GENIIGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed Corsa 3\" exhaust.

On initial startup I'm embarrased at the sound.When I had my c5 vette with their Indy exhaust it sounded awesome right from startup.I hope with age and carbon build-up in the corsa pipes it will sound better.The exhaust is stock except for the corsa system;I wouldn't want it any louder.The sound at idle get's better as the car warm's up.I was surprised to see that the resonator's and muffler's are straight through pipes.The wife think's I ruined the car saying " a Viper shouldn't sound like that". Maybe I was hoping for more considering I paid with taxes and duty almost $3000.00 to have it shipped ups to my door. What experiences have other's had? Does it sound better over time? I even thought of putting factory muffler back on! Please give me your input. Thanks, Peter.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Just installed Corsa 3\" exhaust.

Yes it is louder than stock at idle.No mine doesn't sound like a ups truck anymore.My wife thought it was a little louder at idle but quieter in the car while driving.I think it is more melodious like a 10 or 12 cylinder car should be.What does your wife think a viper v10 should sound like?Lawn mower?Chain saw?Nascar v8?Ricer v6?12 cylinder ferarri?Not trying to flame,Just curious.BTW I think it is still too quiet and am thinking about pulling the cats. Bruce

MikeDGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a 3" Hennessey cat back system, and had similar feelings atinitially. The "UPS" truck-like sound was a little overwhelming. I dont know if the note has changed after 1000 miles or if I am getting used to it. The car definitely runs better and I enjoy the sound, especially at full throttle. Although, I will admit it does not sound as good as a Ferrari or even a Mustang V-8 with good exhaust. However, if I see one on the road they will be hearing (and seeing) my exhaust anyways.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the same exhaust. How did you manage paying $3,000 for the system. I was pleased with the sound though. Over time (I have about 4,000 miles with mine)the sound retained the loudness but became less raspy. I got high flow cats last month wich made it a little throatier.

Now its sounds like a Ski Boat. If I could only get it to sound like a Mustang cobra with flowmasters. I do think that is one of the best sounding cars.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He's from Canada, guys....... Price included Shipping and DUTY.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Maybe it's $3,000 CANADIAN dollars, and also impacted by the taxes and duty charges he mentioned.

Reaction score

Of all the exhaust systems we've installed, the Corsa 3" is absolutely the best sounding. That's why we use it and sell it! (Oh, and the superior construction, fit, and finish as well!) If you don't like the sound of the Corsa, thank your lucky stars you didn't install something else...
I agree about the high-flow cats--they do make it sound even better. We offer them in 2.5" and 3". Call if you have questions or need pricing. Thanks!

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the sound at start up is a little 'rattley' sounding, like someone is shaking a can of marbles under the car, but as soon as the car warms up for even a couple of minutes, that sound goes away and I think it has a great healthy rumble.

I went from the Corsa 2.5 to 3 inch system, and the initial start up sound is better on the 3 inch system. I actually may have preferred the somewhat higher pitched wail of the 2.5 inch at full throttle, although I honestly believe the car is faster with the 3 inch.

Jim

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys are freaking me out here! I bought Corsa 3" catbacks for my '01. Haven't installed them yet, but now I'm worried! At least Vipera and Bill have something positive to say, though Bill sells Corsa, so he may be just a teeny bit biased.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Venom Lover on 04-16-2002 at 12:52 PM</font>

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, I think they sound great. A lot better than stock. But I paid for them, so there is some "brand loyalty". Anyhow, love 'em.

OP
OP
G

GENIIGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank's for the replies.Yes,that's $3000.00 Canadian.My town border's Detroit across the river.I think high flow cat's will make it really loud.When you pay big buck's for an exhaust they should tune it so you don't have to add other non-factory item to the system.My wife likes it quiet;

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have heard both of their systems and they do not sound better than even the stock, in my opinion. Maybe once they break in they sound much better, but in both of the systems I heard they where brand new. Let's face it, it simply comes down to person choice. Some will love it and some won't, that is why we have more than one choice. To each his own!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really like the way my Snake-Oyl rear system sounds. Everyone that hears it agrees.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

"Beauty Is In The Ear Of The Be-hearer" And, you can "Tune" the Corsa to be louder...easy...add 1 of several options of HF cats !

Borla guys love their Borla....Belanger Their Belanger....Corsa their Corsa. EXCEPTION: many thought the 2.5" Corsa TAME and find the 3" much more aggressive sounding.

PartsRack has traded in Borlas and Mopars for Belangers and Corsas. We have traded in 2.5" Corsa for 3" with MANY MANY happy owners (and their spouses!) Corsa is now our top-seller, even tho die-hard muscle car guys choose Belanger.

My current pricing makes it worth a call, please! {We also have 1 used Belanger....300 miles ! As-new. $995)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnnyMac:
I got my Corsa 3" cat back system and high flow cats installed two days ago and love them! They sound great, just like the website. (Thanks to Jon B) ..... Now the question, if I get headers, do they come with 3" flex pipes or are you suppose to use the old 2.5" flex pipes? Thanks, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Johnny et al, thanks for the red-hot Corsa biz.....
Flex pipes are a weak link for flow......just look inside em !
If you get a custom-built header package, we will suggest NO flex pipe....and build you a custom turn-out elbow to mate with your HF cats........