Just listed a set of Motons if anyone interested....

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been sometime since I sold my car and I miss this place. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I listed some Motons in the Classified section (I don't know if they ad is showing up just yet though) for a friend. The shocks are in great shape and the $2200 price seems reasonable given what I was seeing when I originally thought about buying them myself. Anyway, feel free to take a look. I'll throw them up on fleaBay and Craig's in a few days so that everyone here can get at them first.

BTW, awesome news about the Ring record being smashed again. I remember when we were all discussing having the VCA get behind a Ring effort. Nice to see that someone was paying attention to that dialogue and brought the concept to fruition (or at least some variant of it).

Take care everyone. I'll check PM's as often as possible.

Scott.

Edit: Maybe this link will get you to the listing?? http://classifieds.viperclub.org/showproduct.php?product=5185&cat=46

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those are for a gen 2. and they're in good shape. I'd love to have those on my car. please call me.360 722.9107 John. Thanks

OP
OP
S

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Checking in real quick. Tucker, nothing showing in PM's yet. Perhaps it's delayed? I'll send you a PM and see if it pushes through.

Both of our cars were Gen III's. Mine was an '06. They bolt right up (although I must say it's a bit of a PITA to do the rears -- the easy way is to remove the inner plastic fender liner on each side, which takes about 10 more minutes apiece).

Paul and John, I'll contact you guys if Tucker does not take them.

Scott.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Checking in real quick. Tucker, nothing showing in PM's yet. Perhaps it's delayed? I'll send you a PM and see if it pushes through.

Both of our cars were Gen III's. Mine was an '06. They bolt right up (although I must say it's a bit of a PITA to do the rears -- the easy way is to remove the inner plastic fender liner on each side, which takes about 10 more minutes apiece).

Paul and John, I'll contact you guys if Tucker does not take them.

Scott.

Tucker is taking them.:rolaugh: Got your PM and left you a message as well.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I liked them on my red car, and went away from them on the VOI-9, Slate, BB, Mamba, and silver car simply to save some money and ran KW's. Glad to have another set.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Those are for a gen 2. and they're in good shape. I'd love to have those on my car. please call me.360 722.9107 John. Thanks

Not sure who bought these but Moton did not make Clubsports for Gen II, just Gen III and IV.

If you remove the large, rubber plug in the upper trunk area, you don't have to remove the inner fender liner to install these.

These look super clean and are a very good deal if they work as well as they look.

Dan

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case there is a mix-up on the fitment. I have a gen IV. If the buyer cannot fit them on his Viper, I would like to purchase them. "Dibbs"

I got them for future use.....but am going to look at a VOI-10 car tomorrow:rolaugh: Might put them back up if I decide not to build the car I was thinking of. Who knows.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a "simple" way to identify what is a set made for Gen 2 ? (Just wondering, in case someone walks up to me in the Walmart parking lot and offers me some from the back of their van for a good price and I have to jump on it quick.)

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Moton made "Motorsport" shocks for the Gen II. Original retail over $6K for 2 ways with 14 clicks of adjustability)

Moton made Clubsport shocks (about $3.5K - 2way / 6 clicks) and Motorsport shocks (from $6K to $12K depending on adjustability, i.e. 2 way, 3 way w/ low speed bump, 4 way) shocks for the Gen III and IV.

From memory, rear shock mounting brackets are the most obvious difference (I think they were wider with the Gen III / IV) and likely some other things.

Moton was recently purchased by another shock company and not sure if they are making anything at this point.

Dan

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tucker, I have a spare set of HRE P40 wheels/tires in the classifieds too, if you are just buying goodies to stock up on. LOL

Tony

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent you 2 emails, one as soon as the shocks were listed, but never heard back from you. Thanks

Tucker, If you decide to sell please keep me in mind. The stock shocks are killing me. I need an improvement but don't have a retail budget right now.
Thanks, Sal

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent you 2 emails, one as soon as the shocks were listed, but never heard back from you. Thanks

Tucker, If you decide to sell please keep me in mind. The stock shocks are killing me. I need an improvement but don't have a retail budget right now.
Thanks, Sal

You buy Nine Ball's HRE's, and we'll trade.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll trade you the KW Variant II shocks currently on my Coupe, and $1,000 cash : >)

I might bite on that, and then see if Black Moon or Hank want to trade me $1000 for $1500, and then I will up my offer to $502 for Nine Balls HRE's.:rolaugh:

Last edited:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You buy Nine Ball's HRE's, and we'll trade.

I lost track of this thread, sorry. Would like to do some trading/buying if the Motons are in play. I've blown 3 stock shocks so far and the ride *****. Anyway let me know.
Thanks,
Sal

PS Where are the HRE's????

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Paul,

I have a set of OE KW ACR shocks and springs I'll sell you if you are interested.

They have one track day on them and about 600 total miles.

Dan

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan.

I already have KW Variant II on my 09. They work pretty well, but I got spoiled by Motons.

Side benefit of the Motons is that I believe they are much better for road course events. (Gotta hook up with you Sidewinders).

P.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Paul,

We'll be at ACS Fontana Oct 7 & 8, then at Willow Springs Oct 22 & 23 if you are interested.

We are also working on a trip to Spring Mountain for Nov19 & 20.

Also, the OE ACR KW shocks and springs are comparable to the Moton Motorsport shocks, which are OE on the comp coupes - pretty good for road course work. These KW's are also the shocks that are on the 2010 Nurburgring record setting ACRs.

FYI, a few of our guys have tried the KW Variant II's at the track and they have found that the springs that come with them are too soft for road course driving.

See you at the track,

Dan

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im interested in some kw shocks if anybody is selling them

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Moton, the company, was just sold to another shock company who's name escapes me as I write this.

Don't think any new Moton products are currently being and made don't know when they will be made.

I prefer Moton Club Sports for their ability to work well at the street and the track, their ease of spring changes and adjustability.

The KW Variant II's work fine for the street, not so much for the track IMHO.

Dan