Just picked up a Red/Black ACR...

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...a couple of weeks ago. 2008 Red/Black. Drove it home 1100km in a day, that was a fun 11 hour trip and finally got all my paperwork finished on the registration and inspections etc.

Now that it's finally here (paperwork wise), I've decided to join the VCA as well. :D

OP
OP
C

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She will be detailed soon but all I have are my crappy iPhone pics...
You must be registered for see images attach

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The former RING KING!
Congrats on your purchase, you will love every minute of it!

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It has fog lamps. I thought all ACRs had those deleted with the black filler panel in place?

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations! Just picked up its twin this past March. Mine doesn't have the fog lamps...must be the former owner had them installed. Be prepared for lots of attention from everyone within 100 yards of this car. I have owned several Vipers but this is the King of the Hill for sure. Enjoy and don't be surprised if you find yourself just gazing at it in your garage from time to time.

OP
OP
C

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I get the moments when I'm driving where it just hits me that this thing is THE REAL DEAL...I've been working up the will and saving for the last 5 years in earnest to get this thing so it's like a dream come true. Hope that feeling never goes away, but I'm also super paranoid right now too. I have a friend who was formerly in SRT group who kept bugging me to get the ACR because he knows that I'm the kind of guy that it was designed for, and boy was he right...I've driven the Gen II before but this is a different experience altogether.

The fog lamp thing I was surprised at too but it is a U.S. car brought into Canada by the original owner, so I'm not sure if that is an addition required by Transport Canada to make it for daytime running lights. I guess I can always ask the previous owner, he's a member here too.

Does anyone know how many Red/Black combos were made for 2008?

OP
OP
C

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome car! Not a bad drive home either.

When the roads are smooth she is so sweet...I had it touching 140mph when I was passing a bunch of cars and semis but you never heard that from me. I had an 'in-transit' registration at the time so it had no plates on it either.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daylight running lights are required in CA.
I believe they made 40 of them.

Jim C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS - lots of car guys around here know my car... so any shenanigans you get up to will get blamed on me!

Lol.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car chorps. You guys have to bring your cars to BC some times. Those albertan roads [ N-S W-E only] bore your cars to death,haha.

OP
OP
C

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS - lots of car guys around here know my car... so any shenanigans you get up to will get blamed on me!

Lol.

Is that a warning or a directive?

I have a friend who just picked up a 2010 Voodoo a few months ago so it would be fun going for a cruise sometime. I don't think he's on the boards though. :p

-Tony

Jim C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a warning or a directive?

I have a friend who just picked up a 2010 Voodoo a few months ago so it would be fun going for a cruise sometime. I don't think he's on the boards though. :p

-Tony

Lol, neither, just the truth!

The ACR's are fun to play with on the track. Consider attending a Time Attack at Stratotech (speedwayperformance.org to sign up). A cruise would be great!

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ACR, We will probably meet up as there are a few Vipers in Alberta, and we like to cruise as well. Maybe we will meet up for brunch or whatever. As for the Daytimers, the fog lights are the daytime running lamps and if the original owner brought it in to Canada then it is a requirement of Transport Canada to have them work.:D:D

Jim C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ACR, We will probably meet up as there are a few Vipers in Alberta, and we like to cruise as well. Maybe we will meet up for brunch or whatever. As for the Daytimers, the fog lights are the daytime running lamps and if the original owner brought it in to Canada then it is a requirement of Transport Canada to have them work.:D:D

Was it you I saw in Devon last year?

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daytime running lights are indeed mandatory in Canada. And the foglights are the ones on when setup from factory. So if you wanted to go the factory route, and turn the daytimes on through the BCM, then they would have to install the fogs instead of the blanks.

Or they could have done what I did when I brought mine in, and installed a relay in the underhood fuse box. Took 10 minutes and cost 10 bucks.........
I could have yanked it out after I did the inspection, but believe that headlights on are safer, so I left it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang