Just Purchased My First Viper...

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello VCA Members,

I am new to the website and new to Viper ownership! I purchased my first Viper from Bernie Katz at the Tomball, Texas dealership. There are approximately 50 ACRs/Vipers housed inside the dealership on the second floor with every color variation to choose from (30 more on the way). I purchased the all black with the red driver's stripe. Due to Bernie's recommendation, I had the Belanger long tube headers and the Mopar Performance Package installed. Morgan is a Dodge Viper certified mechanic and he installed the upgrades in one day. Bernie has a great facility, was great to work with and let me drive his personal car to see if the Viper would fit my driving skills/personality. Bottom line: I LOVE THIS CAR!

My wife, Bonnie, and I are looking forward to many great years of Viper(s?) ownership and VCA membership. We live in the FM 1960/Kuykendahl area of north Houston and plan to join the Houston regional VCA. I will post pictures at some future point.

Yes, we drink beer and we hope to meet many of you throughout the country during your events and our travels!

John Knowlton

BTW, my moniker is T-Rex because I have short arms and a big mouth. (Bernie and Morgan will vouch for that)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"FIRST" Viper................. because you know that they are addictive !

Congrats.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! Another local ACR! Way to go I think that makes three in the last two months! I look forward to meeting you and your wife at some of the local functions!

Andy Wheeler
Houston VCA:2tu:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome.

Morgans a good kid and cares about these cars.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me, you WILL want another one. I'm thinking about a '10 myself. Welcome to the viper club and viper ownership experience!!
Hello VCA Members,

I am new to the website and new to Viper ownership! I purchased my first Viper from Bernie Katz at the Tomball, Texas dealership. There are approximately 50 ACRs/Vipers housed inside the dealership on the second floor with every color variation to choose from (30 more on the way). I purchased the all black with the red driver's stripe. Due to Bernie's recommendation, I had the Belanger long tube headers and the Mopar Performance Package installed. Morgan is a Dodge Viper certified mechanic and he installed the upgrades in one day. Bernie has a great facility, was great to work with and let me drive his personal car to see if the Viper would fit my driving skills/personality. Bottom line: I LOVE THIS CAR!

My wife, Bonnie, and I are looking forward to many great years of Viper(s?) ownership and VCA membership. We live in the FM 1960/Kuykendahl area of north Houston and plan to join the Houston regional VCA. I will post pictures at some future point.

Yes, we drink beer and we hope to meet many of you throughout the country during your events and our travels!

John Knowlton

BTW, my moniker is T-Rex because I have short arms and a big mouth. (Bernie and Morgan will vouch for that)

OP
OP
T

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! Another local ACR! Way to go I think that makes three in the last two months! I look forward to meeting you and your wife at some of the local functions!

Andy Wheeler
Houston VCA:2tu:

Thank you for the greeting!

John

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome T-Rex, hope to see you soon and some of the local VCA Houston events. Also, hope you will take advantage of some of the Drivers Ed events at the local tracks in the area to get to know your new baby.

Richard

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the car and welcome to Viper ownership. Get your VCA application in, you won't regret it. In the mean time PM your VIN to a moderator to get updated to Viper Owner status.

OP
OP
T

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the car and welcome to Viper ownership. Get your VCA application in, you won't regret it. In the mean time PM your VIN to a moderator to get updated to Viper Owner status.

Thanks for the welcome and for suggesting I send a PM to the moderator. I provided the VIN on the application and assumed that the VIN had to be verified.

Thanks!
John

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. Check out this thread for a couple of things to consider as a new Viper owner:

http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/630445-keeping-new-viper-owners-safe-how.html

Definitely want to make sure the wheels are pointed straight when getting on the GO pedal as the torque of the Viper can cause Snake-Bite faster than you can read this.

Good luck and welcome to the club.
Congrats, and welcome! I second the advice from Rocket above; also be careful to get your tires thoroughly warmed up before getting enthusiastic with your right foot, especially this time of year, when both ambient and pavement temperatures are lower. If you are running the Pilot Sport Cups, remember that they are considerably slower to heat up than regular street tires (such as PS2s) and adjust your driving accordingly.

Be safe, and enjoy!:drive:

OP
OP
T

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. Check out this thread for a couple of things to consider as a new Viper owner:

http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/630445-keeping-new-viper-owners-safe-how.html

Definitely want to make sure the wheels are pointed straight when getting on the GO pedal as the torque of the Viper can cause Snake-Bite faster than you can read this.

Good luck and welcome to the club.

Congrats, and welcome! I second the advice from Rocket above; also be careful to get your tires thoroughly warmed up before getting enthusiastic with your right foot, especially this time of year, when both ambient and pavement temperatures are lower. If you are running the Pilot Sport Cups, remember that they are considerably slower to heat up than regular street tires (such as PS2s) and adjust your driving accordingly.

Be safe, and enjoy!:drive:

Thanks for the link. The funny thing is that I drove it from the dealership to home in the rain and last week drove it in the snowstorm that Houston had. I still have 300 break-in miles left to go on the Mopar upgrade, so I am taking it easy.

John

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, it is great feeling! I just got my first about a month ago and I can't stop going to the garage to look at it and I drive it every occasion I get a chance... well, even the occasions I don't or shouldn't, I still drive it ;)

Have fun with it!!

OP
OP
T

T-Rex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats, it is great feeling! I just got my first about a month ago and I can't stop going to the garage to look at it and I drive it every occasion I get a chance... well, even the occasions I don't or shouldn't, I still drive it ;)

Have fun with it!!

Thanks! The next time I head west, I will give you a heads-up.:beer:

John