Just took delivery of my new 2001 Sapphire Blue RT10 yesterday

Relentless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All:
Just wanted to say Hello to the Viper nation out there,
as I just picked up my 2001 Sapphire Blue RT10 yesterday. What a great machine it is!!

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Relentless;

Congratulations! Hope you are enjoying your new machine. If you live out east, just remember it is still cold and that Vipers don't like ice. All that hp under your foot will be alot more fun when it warms up, so be careful! The sand on the roads is dangerous too. I think you said you got an RT-10. You will really enjoy taking out the rear window when it gets hot out. You should have recieved a case for it in your trunk.

Also, make sure to order the roof storage rack even if you didn't get the optional hard top. It comes with a vinyl roof case. It is not a good thing to lean than top against a wall without cusioning it. They are expensive.

Last hints; get a Deltran "battery tender", and plug in when you don't drive the Viper for a couple of weeks. A dead battery is no fun. Also, look out for mice in the cold weather when you store the car. The rascals seem to like anything that doesn't move for a while that makes a good place to nest.

You are going to have a great time!

Sincerely,

Jim

rae661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey another new Sapphire Blue owner here...

Took delivery on Sat and am waiting til the weather breaks. That is a hard thing to do--sitting there and wanting to drive it but with 20" of snow coming to NJ I'll wait. For now I just sit in it daily.

How about that color--I truly never loved anything more--wait my wife may read this--except you honey.....

Bob

'01 sapphire blue RT/10
'98 Honda VFR 800

OP
OP
Relentless

Relentless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jim:
Thanks for the advice. I was at least able to take it for a nice drive home (89 miles) before we got hit with this blizzard! I am going to order the roof storage rack as soon as it gets a little warmer, but for now I'll leave the hardtop on it! I already had the deltran battery tender installed by the dealer that I bought the car from. Thanks for the welcome!

Regards

Paul
2001 Viper SApphire Blue RT10
1998 BMW M3 Convertible

OP
OP
Relentless

Relentless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Mike & Bob. Your right Bob...it is an awesome color!! I nearly caused a few accidents driving it home, because people were just gawking at it and not paying attetion to traffic!

Paul
2001 Viper RT10 Sapphire blue
1998 BMW M3 Convertible

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Paul,
Was that your delivery at Tator,s Dodge in South Salem, NY the other day. How was your delivery experience? Chuck installed my battery tender and it works great. Too bad this snow stuff is around. Enjoy.

OP
OP
Relentless

Relentless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi John:
Yes, that was my delivery from Tator's Dodge on Saturday. Overall my delivery experience was excellent and I highly recommend Chuck Tator to anybody in our neck of the woods looking to buy or service a Viper. Chuck also installed a battery tender on my Viper. Thanks for the welcome!

Paul
1998 BMW M3 Convertible

OP
OP
Relentless

Relentless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey JG
I've seen you on the board over the last couple of months,and I look forward to meeting you and seeing your ride!The weather definitely ***** right now but hopefully it won't be too much longer.......Rschiltz, I'll have some pictures posted shortly.

Paul
1998 BMW M3 Convertible

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Paul,
Chuck is a GREAT guy and Tator's Dodge is like a Time Machine.
Best of luck and take the time to get and know the car real good and break it in properly. I hope to see you and your car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960