Katzkins Leather

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking at a Katzkin replacement leather kit for my 06 seats. Anyone have any experience with this brand. I have read nothing but rave reviews but you know how that goes. I was given a price of 2k for the kit and installation. Thanks.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katzkin is great!! They make interiors for mopar and if I'm not mistaken they make the leather seats for the vipers and other dodge cars at the factory. Very good oem products

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used them on my 3000GT and they fit perfectly. Not difficult to install, but my hand was killing me after the install. They looked good.

OP
OP
C

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are the viper seats the same in the 08's and 09's as my 06. Katzkin offers a nice kit for those years only. It was my impression the seats are the same but I haven't really looked that close at the 08's. Was there a change in the seats for 08 and 09. Thanks.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand the seats are the same from '06 to the '08 cars.
Are the viper seats the same in the 08's and 09's as my 06. Katzkin offers a nice kit for those years only. It was my impression the seats are the same but I haven't really looked that close at the 08's. Was there a change in the seats for 08 and 09. Thanks.

OP
OP
C

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know now there was a air bag sensor change but that shouldn't change the seat itself. So far it seems there are the same seats. I can't seem however to get a definitive answer.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katzkin is a very good co. Very good quality but it does cost a bit.

I would say most Chrysler show vehicles (SEMA style) use them and they can also custom do whatever you need.

Robert

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen Katzkins in a new Ram, looks like a nice product, but I'd be careful who I'd let install it. In the above application whoever installed it made a mess of the inside of the center console where it opens. Rest of the install looked like factory only a little better.

OP
OP
C

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I decided to go with the full leather Katzkins for my 06 Viper. They show only a 08/09 kit but everyone assures me the seats are the same as the 06. I hope so since the kit I ordered is non-returnable. The installer I am using is one of the best in the city. Met with him today and he pulled the seats out of my car. Have to say I was not pleased to see that the seat side supports are made out of vinyl. The headrest and the centers are leather. 90 to 100k car with partially vinyl seats.

I will post photos when it is all installed.