keep my 06 u bet

Reaction score
I have an 06 coupe that I love. But really liked the look of the new 13-14 interior especially in the beige color. Black may be beautiful but to an old guy it is depressing and black. So I looked into trading my 06 in. The value of the 06 to a dealer is about 40K retail maybe 50 or so. Cost of the new 14 with the 30K off sticker is still to much. Retired now and have no disposable income and the comie in whouse is ringing us out. I would want to buy a deluxe gts model with new leather package but diff in trade is still about 60K I actually like the look of the 06 externally better than the 14. Really all I want is a padded surface for my 2 elbows. Tried to see about padding the door panel and console area any ideas. I also wanted to do the seats in red but it seems the cost at the Viper interior people in detroit is more than my nursing home care. Any ideas how to redo the seats and door panels without having to rob a bank. My best days are driving the viper and notice some young girl trying to see who is driving and strike eye contact then they notice the 72 year old behind the wheel and they really get ugly. I just laugh but there you go again just more depression..

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep what you have. I bought my 06 last year and the plan is to keep it. I am 56 and I have wanted one since I first saw the 92's.

I know the new one is nice but enjoy what you have. I hope I can still drive when I am in my 70's.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 06 coupe that I love. But really liked the look of the new 13-14 interior especially in the beige color. Black may be beautiful but to an old guy it is depressing and black. So I looked into trading my 06 in. The value of the 06 to a dealer is about 40K retail maybe 50 or so. Cost of the new 14 with the 30K off sticker is still to much. Retired now and have no disposable income and the comie in whouse is ringing us out. I would want to buy a deluxe gts model with new leather package but diff in trade is still about 60K I actually like the look of the 06 externally better than the 14. Really all I want is a padded surface for my 2 elbows. Tried to see about padding the door panel and console area any ideas. I also wanted to do the seats in red but it seems the cost at the Viper interior people in detroit is more than my nursing home care. Any ideas how to redo the seats and door panels without having to rob a bank. My best days are driving the viper and notice some young girl trying to see who is driving and strike eye contact then they notice the 72 year old behind the wheel and they really get ugly. I just laugh but there you go again just more depression..

You are experiencing the last stage of Erikson's psychosocial developement....Industry vs. Despair. I also suggest you enjoy what you have and engage in activities that keep you too busy to be depressed. Bingo is a good one.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its dollars and sense….i see no any logical reason from what you are saying for you to get rid of your current car. you are fortunate enough to own one. by the way, doing extra padding on the door panel and console would not require robing a bank, unless you start tearing up seats and everything else. hope this helps.

ViperDad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with everyone else on this. Find an upholstery shop and discuss your thoughts. If I were going to replace, it damn well better be twice as good as what I have and a little padding and shifted plastic isn't worth another 60 big ones. I love my 06 with the Paxton and have no envy for the new stuff. And, yah, get your butt out and enjoy. I retired but I'm running around now more than ever: a geek still doing chemical research and a stable of XKE's and other British leakers that need work, and that's on a slow day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper