Kinda Newbie!

chasedrive

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sold my C6 z06 and bought a new blk/silver stripes 06 coupe... It is being delivered to my house tomorrow... Need exhaust! This will be my only mod to this car... No headers, no nothing... Maybe some air intake...

1. Borla
2. Corsa track
3. Other?

I had the corsa sport in my 03 srt10, and can't remember much about it... I like loud, but I don't want a headache going down the interstate at 60mph...

Thanks, Frank

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just sold my C6 z06 and bought a new blk/silver stripes 06 coupe... It is being delivered to my house tomorrow... Need exhaust! This will be my only mod to this car... No headers, no nothing... Maybe some air intake...

1. Borla
2. Corsa track
3. Other?

I had the corsa sport in my 03 srt10, and can't remember much about it... I like loud, but I don't want a headache going down the interstate at 60mph...

Thanks, Frank

Welcome back!! Great color combo. Corsa track for the exhaust.

OP
OP
C

chasedrive

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 3 vettes in a row... Time for something different... I just think the viper looks so much more exotic.... Performance, They both have their advantages...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa at 60 you barely hear it. At wide open throttle you will scare everyone in 100 yards.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 3 vettes in a row... Time for something different... I just think the viper looks so much more exotic.... Performance, They both have their advantages...

Not to mention there are 6200 Zo6's and less then a 1,000 06 SRT-10 C.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Corsa at 60 you barely hear it. At wide open throttle you will scare everyone in 100 yards.

Ill agree to that. I just installed a Corsa system the other day. Very nice. :laugh:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ill agree to that. I just installed a Corsa system the other day. Very nice. :laugh:

How much louder at idle then stock?

Not obnoxious, but loud enough to know you have custom exhaust. Yet someone who doesnt know these cars may just think thats the way its supposed to sound. So you will notice it, definately, especially when started in the morning in the garage,as the car warms up,its REAL noticeable.
Still its hard to explain what I think is loud or not loud compared to someone else. I just know I really like it.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The idle with the corsa has a nice loapy sound. Not much louder than stock but now sounds a big block with a cam. If someone has somewhere to host a video i have a good one of sound at idle and reving it.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score

How much louder at idle then stock?

i just did mine with the corsa's
its definetly not a muscle car sound, but the sound definetly brings back memories of my grandfathers sit down craftsman lawnmower. :headbang:

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so I had DC Performance install a Corsa Track and on the way home had to stop for an appointment and park in a 4 story parking structure. The place was full so I had to drive to the top floor. No sooner do I get into the structure than I hear car alarms going off behind me. Horns, flashing lights, sirens! Then I realize it's me and my Corsa Track setting them off. Kind of like the crowd doing a wave at a baseball game. I set off 4 levels of alarms before I got into my space and the place slowly quieted down. Did the same thing on the way out. Laughed all the way home. Love my Corsa.

OP
OP
C

chasedrive

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! Just ordered my corsa track... Got my car at 2:00 am this morning... First Time I have seen a viper coupe... It blows the doors off my Z06! Can't wait to get off work today!

Thanks, Frank

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Anyone have CORSA w/out cats???

if my sound insulation does not work, I have to do something about my exhaust, too loud!!!

CROSSOVER PIPES:
Do you guys think if I added a small (2") X-over pipe from muffer to muffler it would help with the horrible droning I have?? I already have 32" M.FLOW mufflers and Vortex cones, and I still drive with earplugs...

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
zorro, I first had corsa track with high flow cats and changed because I did not like the sound. The drone wasn't bad but it was very loud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine