Kudos to Ben Keating & TWS NARRA

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just came back from a great weekend at TWS NARRA event and my Viper Exchange ACR ran really well but most of all I want to thank Ben Keating for providing his second annual BBQ and beer event to everyone Friday evening. The turn out was great and the quality of the BBQ was exceptional. Oh, the Shiner draft was a hit too! Ben did his usual perfection in driving to a win in GT 1 also. Many thanks to Viper Exchange for all that you do for us.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
+1 to the above. As a bonus, I met the newest driver for the new GTSR. Great guy and SUPER fast. He was consistently 1-2 second's faster around TWS then Kuno..who, as we all know, is incredibly quick.

PS: Thanks also to Bernie.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
That would be Jonathan Bomarito who won GT U just ahead of Kuno. Great guys too.

No, David Fiorelli won the real GT U race on Sun. Jonathon and Kuno didn't drive in the race. Jim drove his car (Kuno was driving it on Sat) and the uber top secret #10 Comp Coupe did not race for obvious reasons.

While they both had the fastest times, Kuno and Jonathon were just "testing":) and getting the new driver used to Vipers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DaveGF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were two GTU races. one Saturday and one Sunday. Bomarito won Saturday and I won Sunday (only because Jonathan had to leave catch a flight before the race). He had the fast time of the weekend at an incredible 1:37.3. I saw that time - he may have had even better that I missed. The SW Div SCCA track record for a sports car is held by Michael Lewis in a RocketSports Jaguar at 1:39.3. My fast time of the weekend was 1:41.0 so the Dodge factory car and Jonathan were bad fast. Kuno Witttmer and Tommy Archer had times in the 1:38s and 1:39s in non-factory Comp Coupes as well.

I was happy with the result as the field on Sunday had at least five Comp Coupes and at least five ACR-X's. I was the only Gen II in the field with my 1996 GTS.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were two GTU races. one Saturday and one Sunday. Bomarito won Saturday and I won Sunday (only because Jonathan had to leave catch a flight before the race). He had the fast time of the weekend at an incredible 1:37.3. I saw that time - he may have had even better that I missed. The SW Div SCCA track record for a sports car is held by Michael Lewis in a RocketSports Jaguar at 1:39.3. My fast time of the weekend was 1:41.0 so the Dodge factory car and Jonathan were bad fast. Kuno Witttmer and Tommy Archer had times in the 1:38s and 1:39s in non-factory Comp Coupes as well.

I was happy with the result as the field on Sunday had at least five Comp Coupes and at least five ACR-X's. I was the only Gen II in the field with my 1996 GTS.
Correct as I stated. And Dave your black Gen II was flying. Well done !!!!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Your car reminds me of the ORECA cars. Finished the race just like they used to also.... In front.

Some pic's for you.

DaveGF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos! A 1:36.8 is stupid fast. I was afraid I might have missed one faster than the 1:37.3 I saw. Thanks for setting the record straight on that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62