KW Variant 2 Adjustment / Settings

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thanks in advance for the help. My 2009 project Viper has KW Varient 2 shocks and I am hoping for advice on how to check the current settings and thoughts on a good set up for aggressive street driving.

The KW website is about worthless.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I basically turned mine full firm, and then backed down from there. I count each quarter turn as "1 turn" as you have to reposition the allen wrench. I ran my car at 9 turns from firm on the rear and 7 from firm up front. The ride height adjustment is self explanatory I think.

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Put the pin in the hole and turn it all the way full clockwise until it doesnt turn any more (dont force it obviously), to the left if you are looking straight at the adjuster. That is full stiff. Start turning the other direction counting each "click", it doesnt actually make a click sound you will just feel a notch. Recommended starting settings are 9 clicks for a good street sporty setting. I think 4 or 5 is good for the track, so maybe somewhere in between will suit your driving.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I set mine to 4 clicks off firm, and have been happy with it. Compaired to the stock shocks and runflats, the KWs with PS2s ride so much better anyway even on the stiffer settings.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I set mine to 4 clicks off firm, and have been happy with it. Compaired to the stock shocks and runflats, the KWs with PS2s ride so much better anyway even on the stiffer settings.

I have mine at 7 clicks from full firm all around and like it that way, for mostly street and occasionnal track driving.
I have tried it at 9 and 11 cliks from firm, but that was too soft and bouncy at 11. Have not tried the other set-ups.

stew4706

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Trying to bring life to an old thread. I have changed the ride height in my car and have to start all over on setting up my KW V2s. With the suggestions above I am unclear as to if you are setting the compression (bottom of shock) or rebound (top of shock). I mostly do street with an auto cross or track event a couple times a year. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Trying to bring life to an old thread. I have changed the ride height in my car and have to start all over on setting up my KW V2s. With the suggestions above I am unclear as to if you are setting the compression (bottom of shock) or rebound (top of shock). I mostly do street with an auto cross or track event a couple times a year. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that the KW Variant 2 being discussed in this thread only has rebound adjustment at the top of the shock; whereas that Variant 3 has both rebound and compression adjustment.

Stuntman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KW has pretty good baseline recommendations in the user manual (for ride height and shock settings). Typically for track use, setting compression within 5 clicks from full stiff and rebound anywhere from 2-10 clicks from full stiff is where you want to be.

KW has their settings measured from full stiff. So go full stiff (clockwise) then count the clicks back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte