L.I. Dyno?

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My viper is stock. I'm bringing it down to Tator's this weekend for filters, tubes, cats, exhaust and 1.7 rockers. I figured I'd get some before and after numbers.

Anyone know where I can get the car dynoed on Long Island. I never Dynoed a car. Whats involved? How much?

Thanks

OP
OP
L

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered:

S&B air filters
Smooth silicone intake tubes
Harland Sharp 1.7 Ratio Roller Rockers
T&D pushrods
Roe Oval 3" Cats
B&B 3" Cat-Back System

My car is totally stock. I can't wait to see/ hear what it feels/sounds like with the mods.

OP
OP
L

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My office was across the street from Vettech for many years. Ask for David, he's a good guy. Only about 15 minutes from Mineola.

Thanks for the referral. I have an appointment for 8:00am on Thursday! I'll let you know!

OP
OP
L

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Vettech-North Shore Auto Salon-, 325 Great Neck Rd
Great Neck, NY 11021, 516-466-3368. The shop was great, they let me do three pulls for the price of one and they explained the results. Thanks again to Marc Lublin for the referal.

Ok, so I have my baseline.
The graphs are below. Max Hp was about 388. I guess if you allow 15% (388 * 1.15) it would be 446.2 which is about what they claim for stock.

Lets see what the mods do along the way. I really dont know the ins and outs of these things. Is there anything in the results that I should be aware of?

401dyno_graphs.jpg

401dyno_numbers001.jpg

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David has a real nice shop and like I said he's a good guy. It was nice meeting you. Now that you have a good baseline it will be interesting to see what the numbers will be with you mods. You could definately get more out of your car if the A/F wasn't so rich.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just made my appointment for wednesday for tuning. cant wait for the results. BTW Marc....Daves wife told me to tell you that they had another baby.

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just my .02, but I thought all factory HP ratings were at the rear wheel? There is another Vette (oops, Viper sorry old habit) with a thread showing like 423hp for a bone stock 2001.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang