Laguna Seca Speed World Challenge GT Opportunity

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All season long, we have been doing a fun program for local Viper owners. At every Speed World Challenge GT race, we have been offering a couple guys or gals the opportunity to join us.

As a part of the team, you will work side by side with all the regular crew guys and this includes being in pit lane during the race. This is the real deal. The hours are not for the timid and the only real stipulation is that you really should be able to do all 5 days. I know this can be tough with work but its necessary in order to get into a routine with the team.

The dates are Oct 17 to 21, 2007. From the reports of others who have particiated in this experience this year...it’s worth taking vacation. Your payoff will be official team apparel, be a part of the regular team, feed you like kings and queens, going to the hot pits, team meetings, photos, ect. You should also be a member of SCCA. If your not, a temporary membership is only a few $$.

This is a first come first served deal so don’t wait too long if interested. Past racing experience is not necessary, just bring a great attitude. :2tu: Again, we are just trying to offer something special to the Viper Nation.

If interested, drop me an email at [email protected]

Cindi Lux

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like ALOT of fun. Wish my work schedule would allow me to help. Well, I will be there on Sunday race day. Good luck, will be cheering for you and the other Viper drivers.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free labor for food and chotchkeys... brilliant! ;)

Actually, it does sound like a great opportunity to be a part of a racing team, and it doesn't hurt that we're helping one of our own. Win-win I'd say. If I can free my calendars up those days, I'd seriously consider it.

btw- are there any physical requirements (lifting, bad heart, etc?). I would be ok, but I'm sure others would like to know.

OP
OP
C

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response.

Basically we just try to open up our race program to those who may want to see what it takes to run in a pro series. Kind of an "inside peek". Depending on the interest level, we try to match up certain tasks. People are always amazed on how much work it really takes to prepare cars at this level. It always looks so easy from the outside.:omg:

The response I have gotten for the Laguna race has been outstanding and we have several people interested already. But regrdless if you end up being part of our special VIP crew member program or not, I hope everybody comes out for the race and says hello.

The Vipers this year in the World Challenge Series have struggled for political reasons. But our team is not giving up. We are finding speed every weekend. :headbang: And with Laguna being the last race of the year...well watch the fireworks!! Its going to be fun.

Hey, check this out from our last race at Mosport:

www.cindilux.com/content/view/786/63/

Heading off to Road Atlanta this week....:fingersx:

Stay tuned.

Cindi

OP
OP
C

Cindi Lux

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE: One of the guys who was going to join us for event just let me know that he cannot make it now. So that leaves an opening for an interested person. If you want more details, just email me at [email protected] and I can fill you in.

It starts next wednesday. Being the last race of the year, its going to be wild.

Road Atlanta was a brutal event for ALL competitors in World Challenge. You really need to see the race that will air this saturday on SPEED TV. :eater: Its something that you won't believe. Words cannot do it justice. We have one bagged up race car that it will take a miracle to get it ready for Laguna but the boys at the shop are going to try.

Cindi

ViperAtl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An Opportunity Not To Miss. I just finished a tour with NayKid Racing as a guest VCA crewmember at Road Atlanta and it was a blast. NayKid enters two Viper Competition Coupes in each race and selects two VCA members as guest crewmembers for each race. In a conversation today with Cindi Lux, driver of one of the NayKid Viper Competition Coupes, I learned that there is an opening for one guest crewmember for the Laguna Race (Oct 17-21). Regarding my experience, I was immediately integrated into the race team when I arrived on the first day and it only “got better” as the week progressed. It you have any desire to really understand what a Viper is all about sign up with NayKid. You will see, understand, and participate in Viper racing from the inside of a first class racing team. I do not care what your knowledge or experience is. You will LEARN. …the sweet spot of moisture in the tires, harmonics that will destroy an engine, the 50+ factors the on-board race car computer monitors, the videos of the drivers as they negotiate the track, etc., etc.… Fred Lux, the crew chief and one of the more knowledgeable individuals in the business of racing Vipers, will take the time to explain anything and everything you want to know. For the financially oriented, it takes about $800,000 a year to run NayKid Racing and, as a guest crewmember, you get it free. If you miss this opportunity – YOU JUST CRAZY!!!
Jack Winter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss