Largest Caravan to VOI?

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just heard from Terri, our club events director that is organizing our caravan to VOI, that the list is up to 99 people and 55 cars by the time we get to Las Vegas, which is a bit *too* large to organize. This includes around 40 cars leaving San Jose, meeting up with the members from the Central CA region at lunch, as well as picking up a number of others enroute.

This is going to be interesting... Its around 520 miles from our initial meeting place to the Venetian, which means at least two gas stops, because we have a number of members with highly modified cars (i.e., terrible gas mileage). Think of the fun at the gas stops trying to juggle even 30 cars into/out of the gas stations.

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there an estimate for the total # of cars that are coming to VOI? Anyone care to guess? Will be over 500 Vipers?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Splitting up is probably a good idea, but there's something cool about 50 Vipers following eachother down I-5, cant wait to see peoples faces. :shocked:
Its rare to see one or two Vipers togehter as it is for most people. I bet there will be alot of people pulling out cell phone cameras on the road.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there an estimate for the total # of cars that are coming to VOI? Anyone care to guess? Will be over 500 Vipers?

Quote from JonB as of 7/12:
"As of this AM: 600+ cars, 1100+ bodies"

I know more people have registered since then so there will definitely be 600+ that's going to be quite a sight!

OPHITOX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add to that number about 20 So Cal Viper Club members with their vipers coming through LA > Victorville > Barstow about 2 hours ahead of the Nor Cal - Mid Cal group on I-15 into Vegas. We tried to arrange meeting up with you guys but your plans for lunch in Bakersfield and then to the 58 made it too late for us to meet you in Barstow. So we will be meeting at the Barstow outlet Stores just west of the 58 - I-15 junction at 11:30 am, gas, pit stop and then into Vegas. Gotta get to the tables to win back the gas allowance!

See you California Viper Owners at the Venetian! :2tu:

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YEE HAWWW... Vegas or Bust in the morning... Can't wait. Central California Vipers ready to roll.......

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've run several times to car events with that # of cars.

We usually do the 'radio' thing, and when we do pit stops we break up and meet up again on the hwy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets