Last Chance - My 1996 GTS has got to go.....

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This week, I'll be turning my 1996 Red, white and blue GTS over to a broker for sale - I've gotten way to emotionally attached to it and haven't been doing a good job trying to sell it. :) I'd much prefer it go to a VCA member / enthusiast. So, here's my bottom line price for message board readers - $42K. I have the car listed in the classifieds, but haven't changed the price yet.

Just a small recap of the mods (there are more) - 1998+ short tubing headers, Random tech high flow cats, Borla cat back. SVSi SS brake lines. Sean Roe 2 piece rotors. Titanium pistons. Recalls complete by Tom Sessions. TeamTech harnesses. Fire extinguisher. Some MGW stuff. 2000+ oil pan, windage tray, gasket. Trap doors in oil pan. ACR oil filter adapter. Car cover. 11,000 miles.

Have ALL original parts.

Recent Dyno at 438 RWHP

Full D-C warranty until February 2004.

The car is rock solid for street or ready for fun at ViperDays. Great strong forged piston car to supercharge, too.

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the pic from the classifieds

4114.jpg

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the wheels. I'm sure others are thinking it, and not to sound unpatriotic, as I have a flag in my front yard, but WHY?! I think that paint job is going to make it quite a chore to sell.

OP
OP
Janni

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after 9/11, Ed Combs, AKA Double Venom, wanted to do a patriotic themed Viper. As Ed said, "I can't fight, but I can paint." So I offered up my car.

The pics don't really do it justice. There is a LOT of detail and everyone that has seen the car has been pretty positive.

Bottom line is that it's a nice GTS, with low miles, nice mods, a warranty that's going to go for VERY low $40s. I am not looking for a premium for hte paint, in fact, I know I am taking a hit as blue and white cars would sell for mid o high $40K's.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and maintained to the hilt to boot!!

someone buy it!

would be interesting to buy a Viper from someone that knows more about the cars than the potential buyers for a change.
(and wouldn't refer to 998 and 999 as SAT scores)

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only this post could've waited another year. I've had my eye on this car for quite awhile and knew that this would be a Steal! I read all the online ads and know more about this car than the average reader. Its a shame to see this car go. Soon, soon, soon isn't here soon enuff to grab this beaut.

Good luck with the sale Janni,

Jay K.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale. It is a very unique paint scheme, and I am sure someone will appreciate the special symbolism.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone wants to have it test-driven for them, just let me know ;)

Good luck Janni!

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let John drive it !

actually.... a small animal or gentle rollover might. naw.

DON'T LET JOHN DRIVE IT!

hehe

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't let John drive it !

actually.... a small animal or gentle rollover might. naw.

DON'T LET JOHN DRIVE IT!

hehe

I can take out most any North American land animal with a Viper ;)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Timing is everything, I KNOW about that car and the preparation and $ that has gone into it. And Janni, if I did not have some obligations to move my business forward in tough times that thing ould be mine! I often kick myself in the buttt for buying a brand new car. Had I to do it over a car like this would be my first choice, rather than a new one. Perfectly prepared for Viper Days and also pretty enough for show. And for those worried about the paint job, puleeeze, I can show you a shop that will take it back to stock for 2k or less. Or better...for $500 just hold your fingers over the stars and or the stripes on the sides, just imagine it with only the big stripes over the top. This paint stuff is the cheapest mod to do to modify the car to your taste.

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow - GREAT deal for that car - but I don't prefer the paint myself. If it was a stock paint blue/white with those miles, I would offer a straightup trade without a doubt. You people think that would sound fair? I'm just curious.

Oh - while mentioning that. What do you think a bottomline price for my car would be? I'm curious to what you all think. 1999 Silver RT.10 with chrome wheels, factory hardtop, 20500 miles, excellent interior and exterior condition. Anyone?

Chris

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow - GREAT deal for that car - but I don't prefer the paint myself. If it was a stock paint blue/white with those miles, I would offer a straightup trade without a doubt. You people think that would sound fair? I'm just curious.

Oh - while mentioning that. What do you think a bottomline price for my car would be? I'm curious to what you all think. 1999 Silver RT.10 with chrome wheels, factory hardtop, 20500 miles, excellent interior and exterior condition. Anyone?

Chris

$42K? My guess. What did you get it for?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine