Need Advice: Thinking of selling my 1996 GTS

EMnuke123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

First off I love my viper. But lately I have been thinking that I am really not in a position in my life to have a car that doesnt have much purpose other than that it is badass. I may end up getting one again later in life but for now i beleive it would be better suited for someone else. I have a few questions that I would very much appreciate your thoughts on. First is what it is worth. Here are the details on the car:
1996 GTS, 19XXX miles, I bought the car from BJ motors and it had one owner before me, at the time of purchace it had approx 7XXX miles on it and I got it for 49,000, the car has never seen rain and always garaged,

It has a few tasteful mods: smooth tubes and filters, american racing 1 5/8 primary headers with high flow cats, 3" corsa exhaust, billit powersteering pulley and bracket, 170 degree thermostat, mgw interior goodies, snake oyl plush floor and trunk mats, eibach springs, 20" Iforged classic 2 wheels with pilot sport 2 tires, Tune with SCT from todd at A and C put down 475 whp and 520 wtq

I also have the stock wheels with pilot sport 2 tires that have only 1000 miles on them, and the stock springs. So i could put it back to looking almost 100% stock with the exception of the exhaust. My second question is would it be better to put it back to looking stock and sell the wheels seperate or package everything together?

Here is a picture of it:
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks in advance for any advice

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would try both ways in listing and make a price difference between the two set ups. Let the future buyer decide. Best of luck you will be sad to see it go.

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any history? How's a carfax come back?
How long ago did you buy the car?

SRToad4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll get more money putting it back to stock, and selling off the parts.

I just bought a bone stock b/w 97 with 20k miles for mid 40's. The car is in showroom condition, hence why I paid a little more for it, versus going low 40's for another one I found with 10k miles, that was in worse condition.

Don't take less than $45k for it with the 19k miles, as long as the car is pristine.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I concur on back to stock, at least as far as practical.

As nice as they are, the wheels in particular scream modded and that's not good for a classic blue / white valuation

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave