You must be registered for see images attach

jennq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doesn't look like anyone has bid yet. It's a BIN auction

jennq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First time I've seen the sticker. Still trying to figure out where they put the 18! Speakers? I don't have nearly that many in my SUV!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all for people earning what they can when they can, but the mantra that dealerships that do this have is part of the problem that Chrysler has faced. Sorry, but I'm against dealerships doing this. High class retail products don't allow this and SRT shouldn't either. This over the sticker addendum is proof the dealer is in it for the short term and has no intentions of providing the experience SRT needs to keep this brand alive.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. Ferrari and Porsche do not allow it.
To be fair, quite a few Ferrari dealers will "require" you to buy X model so you can get an allocation of the hot Y model.

But, I agree. All the local dealers in DC area (that I've talked to) are asking a $10,000-20,000 premium on top of the MSRP. And they wonder why I ordered from Texas! None of them have sold any, as far as I know. I am sure someone will come along and buy them. Or, they will be sitting there until '14 models roll along. With only getting 2 of the '13, I guess no rush to sell them if they can sit on them and make a big profit.

Last edited:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealer said, "if you join the VCA, I will sell it to you for sticker." I thought that was pretty cool, and fair, so here I am.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i tried to join but the form asked for a VIN and i dont have a full one yet. Is there a way to join VCA without a full vin?

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather than sugar coat it, I hope any dealer charging over sticker promptly goes out of business soon. **** plain and simple. I paid it once on a car and dealership treated me like a second class citizen afterwards. Free the charge what they want but I do not approve.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks vipertony i'll try that. Some Lamborghini dealers put juice and some dont. I got mine from the Mid West and was treated fairly. Depends on the dealership or on the stealership;)

As for the snake, I'm buying cross country for a reason. On the launch, new england dealers wanted tens of thousands of dollars over sticker. One even wanted to have a showing and bidding type of sale where a bunch of people are allowed to see it and then make offers. Well worth it to eat a thousand bucks on an enclosed trailer ride to pay MSRP.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The S in MSRP stands for "Suggested" retail price. Dealers are free to charge what the market bears. I have no issue with people who want the car so bad they are willing to spend more than MSRP.

On the flip side, when the newness wears off and you can get 10-20K off sticker, I would not think people would be attacking the buyers saying "How dare they screw the dealers and not pay MSRP". It works both ways and if you want one now, buy one from a good dealer who is willing to sell at MSRP and if you are a bit patient there will always be discounts at some point.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good point. Also, the juice on aventadors was 100k everywhere at first.

The Viper is a lot of supercar for a relatively low price tag, with or without a lil juice:)

AustinQ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely thank goodness for Dealers like Bill. Now if Woodhouse can only branch out into concert tickets. My daughter wants to go to a One Direction concert - talk about mark-up!!

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely thank goodness for Dealers like Bill. Now if Woodhouse can only branch out into concert tickets. My daughter wants to go to a One Direction concert - talk about mark-up!!

I had to Google "One Direction" I wonder what direction they are headed in:rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images attach

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That isn't markup - that is theft

A "Convenience charge" to print ON YOUR OWN PRINTER?

INSANITY.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some dealers on the fence on what to charge their customers. One called me the other day. I promptly told him "sticker, thats what VX and WH will charge" but he kept on saying market this and market that, guess where I'm advising my members to buy?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere around here that SRT has strict guidelines on being an SRT Viper dealer and that dealers are not allowed to charge over MSRP. I recall the concern was how something like this is going to reported to SRT and ultimately enforced by them as well. Maybe Bill can chime in. If I'm mistaken I apologize but I thought fleecing wasn't allowed this time around with the GenV.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere around here that SRT has strict guidelines on being an SRT Viper dealer and that dealers are not allowed to charge over MSRP. I recall the concern was how something like this is going to reported to SRT and ultimately enforced by them as well. Maybe Bill can chime in. If I'm mistaken I apologize but I thought fleecing wasn't allowed this time around with the GenV.

I hope this is true, but I doubt it is. Seems like all you needed to sell the Gen V was $25k and some time to go to a class.

I hope you're reading this SRT. It needs to go away. Several in Houston are trying this as well. Doesn't matter since Tomball is here, but it is still the principle. Want to be higher class than before? Prove it.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this is true, but I doubt it is. Seems like all you needed to sell the Gen V was $25k and some time to go to a class.

I hope you're reading this SRT. It needs to go away. Several in Houston are trying this as well. Doesn't matter since Tomball is here, but it is still the principle. Want to be higher class than before? Prove it.

In the case of my dealer, he told me that he would sell Vipers to VCA members with no markup. He was fine with me buying the Viper at sticker, and then later becoming a member. And heck, I wanted to be A VCA member anyway, so I called up VCA with my VON and voila, I was a member. I don't know if this came from SRT.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw two cars for sale yesterday, they are the base one @ $109 and the GTS @ $ 136, and the dealer has a supplemental sticker wanting 600 for a pinstripe, rustproofing etc...PLUS $10,000. extra! puts the car over 149,900.....I guess dealers are independent business people and can charge whatever for their products, and they try to strike when hot BUT I think these games usually turn off people in general....BUT also a few "fools" that have to have the car NOW, give it out, then a year from now they trade it in for a Mazda Miata and take a 50K hit !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte