Layout Suggestions

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,

We're gathering up all the comments right now to rearrange things. Funny how some feel we should combine guru and general, and keep new owner, and others are recommending combining new and general, and leaving guru while yet others are recommending combining all three! Guess whatever we do...... one group will be unhappy
You must be registered for see images

SOB is a cute idea

A few other groups might be combined.

We also plan to move the test and suggestion area toward the bottom now that most are settled in. We need to keep the test area as it is a requirement for "learning" to use the features of the UBB and playing with Cookies.

Keep cranking out the suggestions everyone!

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, I haven't spent much time with the new board so I really haven't earned the right to comment. However:::: Jon B's comments make sense to me, Bill Pemberton and I were discussing things last night, he is excited with the chat rooms and new layout. The one theme that we both thought would be nicer from our viewpoint was a reduction in complexity (amount of title boxes). Occasional browsers like us are investing more time to catch up on the news. That may be more my unfamiliarity though.
Thank you and your associates for the absolutely awesome job being done here. Bob W.

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the current layout could be simplified significantly by going back to the original format. I appreciate the effort that has gone into creating the new board and some of the features are nice but I'd gladly give 'em up for the speed and simplicity of the former site.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I'd combine the whole new owner, Guru and general Viper discussion areas. Too little attention is paid by the posters to what should actually be where.

Eliminate the Next Gen area - should be in normal VIper discussion of things we like to see or things that we don't necessarily like on current model....

Combine racing and performance mods? Do a general swap shop section for both Tuners to announce new products, post sales on existing and use as an all around classified section for the general population? Also, may start some folks getting together and doing group buys - a common occurence on other sites and it saves us money!

I like the new board as it is easier to post pics, change fonts, spell check (although I rarely use it - too impatient...) but the familiarity of this format (lowest common denominator?) seems to have shaken the trees and jostled the rocks bringing forth a more base element than ever visited the old board. Maybe because any time they post again to their own drivel, it bounces back to the top, whereas the old board it would natuarally fade away into the lower depths. Its too bad, but it seems some of the areas have been taken over by the "jjennings" of the world - God help us all....

Keep up the good work, Tony and Jay - I know the new format and the new crop of participants have kept you on your toes.

My $.02

jim93rt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just give us a **** button we can click to see all messages and replys for the last 2 days. all the computer geeks should be able to figure this out, it takes less time to rebuild the motor than it does to see whats new here. click this, push that, go back, look here, look there. keep it simple stupid

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like mr John B's idea, also what about combining the performance mods with the dyno and time slips. Eliminate the memorablilia and test pages, maybe put the presidents and moderator pages to a secure site, and most importantly activley seek more attendance in the chat rooms. Make the chat rooms a forum that is easier to access, easier to see who is in them and maybe have some kind of prizes or gaming to get people excited about going to them.(maybe free microphones to all registered users who log in during a certain time period? may cost 5 bucks per mic, but think of the response.)

The chat rooms will bring back those who have left because of the more complicated less personal and community based platform of the new board.

Thanks again for allowing me to comment.

tom

BTW, Not the first plug for my own gig!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery