Leak in the door? Autoform top??? Not so sure!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corn,

I have this also. Autoform says there is a peice they'll send you that makes it more watertight. some rubber molding fitting.
I asked him if he would send me one, but never heard back from Jerry.

Honestly I dont' thint it's A.F.'s fault. Even with the softtop and soft windows, mine leaks like a sive there. The best remedy so far I've found is roll a towel up or soemthing and wedge it in the door when you drive, it'll soak up all the water and you'll drive dry until the sun comes out.

Gerald

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '94 has the front windshield a little offset to the driver's side, so the passenger side leaks. My fixes - make sure the roof latch is tight, mine loosen and after a week or so allow water to run down to the base of the window and drip down the speaker. It looks like the window leaks, but it's the roof clamp loose. Also, at the bottom of the window, top of the door, towards the front, is a rubber clump that should be glued to the door. Mine had been taken off to work inside the door - silocone glue it back on and leaks stop. I added a 1/8 inch weatherstrip seal to the edge of the fron t windshield frame where the window hits it to increase the pressure on the foam seal of the window. And I use camping gear sealant on the window foam, since mine seem to leak after a few days of rain and the foam gets saturated. The sealant doesn't change how soft they are,nor clog anything up- I think it's mainly a water repellant.

Reaction score
Another problem is where the door doesn't make a good seal with the weatherstripping on the frame. I've had this problem alot, especially at highway speeds. You can added some weatherstripping on the door where it is meets the weatherstripping to help with it.