Left hand mirror

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the mirror (glass) part only on the assembly?
Does it snap in and out or is it bonded in place. I don't want to break it trying to remove it. I bought a replacement assembly w/out the mirror so I need to swap it out.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The glass will pop out. But it takes a lot of effort. I have found if you use a heat gun and heat behind the glass it will being easyer to remove. Try to pull on the mirror glass unevenly or it will break. Good luck

Garrett

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just to clarify, was this a GEN 3 mirror?

Yes. I did a full repaint myself and removed every panel (including mirrors:)). I did not know exactly the proper procedure in "popping" the mirror out but I guessed and got it right. It definitely would have helped if I had an exploded view of how the car was assembled, though.

OP
OP

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it.
I used a couple of tie-wraps as handles and slid them behind the mirror and pulled straight out. Popped right out with a bit of force. Greased and Popped the small adjusting tubes (up-down, side-side) onto the back of the mirror spliting the rubber boots (can't reinstall with out splitting them) on the housing that protect them from dirt before I installed (popped)it back on the housing.
Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang