Lesson learned

scottcot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, no snake bites :)

I decided to drive the truck today. Driving along Lake Sammamish this morning, a beautiful, clean, waxed, see-your-nose-hairs-in-the-shine black SRT10 with a wing is following behind me. Sigh.

He punches it as we enter the freeway and begins to use The Force on the green sedan driving slowly in the left-hand lane. Eventually the simple-minded driver succumbs and moves one lane over.

A few moments later a silver SRT10 blasts up the freeway in pursuit, out enjoying their sunny drive to wherever as well.

I drove all this week, but not today - lesson learned!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...good story there! Just to SEE our snakes on the road...amazing, isn't it??? And beautiful....gotta DRIVE ours...we don't take ours out as often as we'd like to either....but neither do we even SEE any Vipers in our area....so far as we know, we're the only 2008 around! ~juli
(We do have a friend who has a '97 b/w GTS...but hardly takes it out...drat...has a Prowler too)

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a Black SRT-10 Hennessey Twin Turbo that I've see around Sammamish/Issaquah several times. Don't think it's a member's car, but I'm always headed the opposite direction when I see it.

scottcot - where in Sammamish are you? We could probably get a carpool together (in separate Vipers, of course)

Last edited:

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul.....

You know that BLACK is fastest, that is why most of the cars that came to your house this year were black. It is catching on!!:poke:

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I briefly met the owner of the Black Hennessey twin turbo venom 1000, he was planning on joining our region, that was back in May. His name escapes me.... he bought the car in Portland and Grand Prix imports and it was very low mileage and had custom wheels ... car details yes, name of owner --- no.

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back to the thhread about driving on a nice sunny day. I was returning from running some errands in my black 99 RT-10 today and got stopped by a County Sherriff. He told me I needed to have a front plate. He said that because of the Good to Go cameras and the stoplight cameras they are pushing the front plate laws. He was very nice and told me about a lot of Corvettes and other cars which were also not in compliance. Fortunately, I was able to pull the plate out of the trunk and attach it with the magic rubber front mount I got from Jon B and he said I was good to go. I expect that I will have to leave it on for a while as this is a small county and I expect he won't let me off if he sees me next time.

It still was great to be out on a day like today.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pumped at VOI!!

There is another leason learned!!!

GO TO VOI!!!
I had second thoughts about going to the getto for VOI but I had a great time and am very glad I made it.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time as did everyone I spoke to at the event.

Clint you appeared to get the most smiles per mile on the car control course.

Joe C even took advantage of his VW (low HP) experience to pilot the SRT4 caliber to the finals in the autocross! If memory serves, both Lori and Karin S made it past the first round of competition in that event.

I will try and get some pictures up soon, just downloaded 500 off one camera and have 200 or so to go from camera #2.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Deana and I had a blast hangin' with many of you guys there and back.

I guess I had the loudest Viper in Detroit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang