Lets get a final REAL count on guys screwed over from JH...

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always get to hear complaints from people and they mention names or they heard of people getting screwed over by JH..Lets once and for all get a count of real names with true stories and give JH a chance to rectify his ongoing problem. I believe in second chances so lets give him a shot and this way we can find out what the real story is, not a story thats half true..Lets get the count guys...

Tony

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way for you to get a real count. There are a number of people who just don't speak up in public (john has threatened numerous times legal action for slander), and there are also many people who have been ripped who don't take advantage of this site. There is no way for him to rectify his ongoing problem because he is a thief. In case I wasn't clear, he is a dishonest man who throughout his career has been blatantly stealing from people. If you are truly interested in searching for the truth, I suggest that you contact all of the old [******] employees. See if they are willing to speak with you and hopefully they can give you names of people they know he screwed over, whether the customer knows it or not. Then call the customer and find out their experience. Just be careful because I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't know much about cars that are sitting with a machine that they think is putting out insane HP and in reality only have filters, exhaust and rear end. Be nice, don't make them feel bad. Oh, by the way I'm one of the screwee's if you couldn't guess. I will not go into my story again, but do a search, it's all there for you.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just do a search on his D & B, you'll be amazed. It's public record you know..... I"m sure that is only a SMALL percentage.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow :p this guy sounds like a character. Is he still in business?

-Lou

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really do not see the point in this thread!

I feel for all the people out there who have not had good dealings with any tuner but to relive it is just not cool.

I would see the point of this thread if JH was able to comment or post what he is,has, or is trying to do to rectify his past.

I have never personally bought anything from John but the previous owner had John do his 650R kit and I am extremely happy with the car.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Borrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnngggggggggg...........

Really, wgas (who gives a sh*t) or dargas (does ANYBOBY really give a sh*t)

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well to be honest, the reason I put this thread up is on Johns behalf... Since I have been a member in the VCA for few years now, I always get to hear that someones heard of getting screwed over by John. The point I am making is that if this is really true, and Im not talking about one,two or three guys that have a grudge or really did get shafted..Im talking about this entire group of guys that say they have been screwed over..So lets hear it..I say stop the BS posting and hurting the guy or show what you got. It harms him from trying to do good. I can get up and say I had a bad experience with this person, but hey...The rest of you guys might love the tuners work. As a business person you always can't please the customer.Theres always that one or two guys somethings goes wrong and you get a real bad wrap.Mountains are made from mole hills, you kn ow whatI mean. I'm not trying to put fuel on the fire, but hey..we all gotta see if JH is trying to get his $hit together..i say give the guy a shot, and if he hasn't proven himselve, then yank him of the board and thats it..Case closed...Hey VJ, didn't mean to bore you, but theres a few of us that would like the truth instead of hearing alot of BS storys around..Very easy to hurt ones business with a few made up storys. The guy that says he got screwed, might have..But then he can also say ten of his friends got screwed also..get my point?

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Borrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnngggggggggg...........

Really, wgas (who gives a sh*t) or dargas (does ANYBOBY really give a sh*t)

wtfcwtfut, how about that one?

LOL..You kill me Gerald.....Its 12 am here and im laughing my arss off... :p

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gerald, no fair, I told what mine meant, I'm still scratching my head. Got the "standard" ***, then I got lost....LOL
I also have trouble with license plates too. LOL!!!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's true about the bad press. I passed on buying a H ennesy Viper from this one guy because of all the bad stuff I read. He should come in and clear things up.

I have yet to hear one bad thing about Doug Levine or Heffner. I have read some bad stuff about ROE as well, but I have read some great stuff about ROE too. But the bad talkis bad enough that I'm torn on whether I would ever get a Super Charger from them any time in the near future.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe in second chances so lets give him a shot and ...

NO! JH has had a second chance, and a third, and a hundredth. NO MORE CHANCES FOR JH! he is nothing more than a common thief, and the only thing he deserves is a slow, painful death. he does not deserve a chance to reply or to voice his opinion or his side of the story. he has already had plenty of chances. when he is dead, i'll be first in line to piss on his grave.

and anybody who is sending him business today, or paying him for products and/or services, is supporting him and his criminal ways. you'll burn in hell with him.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I believe in second chances so lets give him a shot and ...

NO! JH has had a second chance, and a third, and a hundredth. NO MORE CHANCES FOR JH! he is nothing more than a common thief, and the only thing he deserves is a slow, painful death. he does not deserve a chance to reply or to voice his opinion or his side of the story. he has already had plenty of chances. when he is dead, i'll be first in line to piss on his grave.

and anybody who is sending him business today, or paying him for products and/or services, is supporting him and his criminal ways. you'll burn in hell with him.

I thought all tattooed people were going to burn in hell! :smirk:

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey tattoo..Those are some harsh words there. I mean why so much anger, lets hear your side. Not for nothing, but what you said about people dealing with JH products should go to hell is pretty stupid..I could say people with tatoos should take it in the Umpa..Hows thatsound..Instead of coming off like what I was saying before, half a$$ comments which make no sense, explain what you mean.... One more thing tattoo..Do you own a Viper..I dont see you have a Viper on signature..If you don't how the heck can you be dealing with JH anyway??? :rolleyes:

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[edit: oops. didn't take long to get a warning. i've got nothing more to say here.]

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tattoo..I didn't say forgive him, i said if he is giving people money back or showing some sort of progress on people he has screwed over..Its better to clear things up rather then have lawyers involved.Once those idiots get involved it takes years before you can get monies back.Also, I never deal with JH and will never deal with him. I was very curious on the names of people.You mentioned two guys.There must be more..I wasn't sticking up for the guy. You know what is really dumb, with all the stories you hear about him..How come we never learn???I think if there are alot of people , they should post there names without being nervouse.$HIT..I would be the first to post with my name and how much he screwed me over..Thats all I'm saying..Now if it's just two guys screwed over, no matter what..Thats not a big number.I thought the way everyone was talking about this guy, there was more than 10 owners..Just would be nice to see and get a REAL post with REAL names..I think this would clear up all the BS and a Big maybe, I said Big maybe..JH can finally get his $hit together and help these guys out..Instead of [******] knocking them around..Thank god I never dealt with him..I would have cleared up all the BS on this board..I would have def payed him a visit instead of sending him monies up front...I got screwed once in my life..never again will it happen again....

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[edit: oops. didn't take long to get a warning. i've got nothing more to say here.]

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i really wish JH would try to make amends, but i don't think he that type of guy. through his actions and words, he has repeatedly shown, over a period of years, that he is incorrigible.

JH is trying to right his wrongs.

Does Taig not have his Venom now?

This is not the only case, there are others who have had wrongs righted.

Just my 2cents.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's true about the bad press. I passed on buying a H ennesy Viper from this one guy because of all the bad stuff I read. He should come in and clear things up.

I have yet to hear one bad thing about Doug Levine or Heffner. I have read some bad stuff about ROE as well, but I have read some great stuff about ROE too. But the bad talkis bad enough that I'm torn on whether I would ever get a Super Charger from them any time in the near future.

You are a wise man to be so pragmatic about where you spend your money!

As for JH not coming here to "give his side", it's because he is not allowed on this site. As I understand, John has been trying to "make right" with his past problem accounts, but it takes time. I *think* he is genuine and wants to help, and if he makes right with everyone, then I think he should be allowed back and given another chance. It would probably be easy for him to declare bankruptcy and skip town, so at least trying to make right shows character, IMO.

As for "bad things" about Levin or Heffner, I will say this. I have been in the "Viper community" for a LONG time, and these two tuners are probably the only ones I have never really heard anything significantly bad about. Sure, you can never make everyone happy 100% of the time, but although I hear the occasional "hey I wasn't 100% happy" I try to look into those stories and see what the other side is. If you tune, things will happen. Cars will blow up on occasion, or overheat, or run a bit funny or what not. If someone buys purely on never having a problem, the list of options is slim indeed. After-sale support is very important, as is the integrity, honesty, and ethical behaviour of the vendor. In that respect, I really feel Heffner and Levin are really head and shoulders above the rest.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was screwed by John [******]. He has made a very feeble attempt at paying me back. A total of 2500 so far. After two years I would have expected more from such an honorable/succesful tuner. Just do a search and you'll find out all you need to know.

As far as Taig Stewarts Viper .....

..... I have had many conversations with him in the past few weeks and he is NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. The front facia is all chewed up. The car does not even run. He has had an estimate of over 5k just to repair the body damage and replace lots of minor parts that are not there any more. He can not confirm the power of his TT set up because the car does not even hold an idle. He is in the process of having the thing taken apart and inspected to see just what was done. He told me he just wants to put it back to stock condition. About 85k worth of mods were never even done.

So if [******] is telling everyone that he and Taig are squared away .... it's just not true. I will have more details when they become available.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that shuts me up about JPH "making right" :)

Bill, sorry to hear about your and Taig's problems. I heard (i.e. was told) that you guys had been "made right". Sounds like that ain't close to the truth though.

Too bad. I hope it will work out. hang in there - I've been following your story for - gawd, what 2 years now? Perseverence is key.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard (i.e. was told) that you guys had been "made right". Sounds like that ain't close to the truth though.

You know what they say about all those monkeys on the typewriters. I bet if you keep posting what you hear long enough eventually some of it will be true.

After-sale support is very important, as is the integrity, honesty, and ethical behaviour of the vendor. In that respect, I really feel Heffner and Levin are really head and shoulders above the rest.

In other words, you think if someone who had owed them money or return of a product for several months and done nothing about it started posting BS about their supercharger systems, they wouldn't mention that person's lack of financial responsibility on the internet. That is your reason for leaving Sean Roe out of your expert recommendation, isn't it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness