Let's Keep This Forum Pure --- SRT 10 INFO ONLY

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let\'s Keep This Forum Pure --- SRT 10 INFO ONLY

I really hope folks that use this forum start paying attention to all of the sub-form choices and select their category appropriately. We come to this forum sub section to read about SRT 10s, share our experiences, ask for info/advice etc. The "I traded my SRT 10 in for a big wheel" like posts are starting to become a pain in the ass to read here. There are other sections on the Viper forum that are more appropriate to post that nonsense. Additionally, the crap about that silly looking C6 Z06 with the "have a nice day" smile face has got to go. Who the heck cares. Let's start talking about our plans for our cars as the weather gets warmer. What modifications are doing to your cars? Who is attending Viper Days, other race events, when are the gatherings taking place and where? Let's also start moving the non SRT 10 posts to there appropriate category on this form so we can focus. Life's short, we don't have time to waste!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Let\'s Keep This Forum Pure --- SRT 10 INFO ONLY

Thank you. I have had vette this, BMW that and Caddy up to my ears. This is indeed a Gen III Viper forum.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I made my post here as a mock to those threads.......reguardless of year if you sell/trade a Viper in the Winter don't expect top dollar.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In everyone's defense, some people may not know about all the other sub forums. I wish they would get the drop down menu up to date. I was a member for a couple months before I even knew it was a "Driven" forum and the other forums that arent on the drop down menu. But the 100% totally unrelated posts like "My dog had puppies!" are getting old

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The posts in question are being moved to the appropriate forums. So there you go! :laugh:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In everyone's defense, some people may not know about all the other sub forums.
I’ll go to the other forums but they don’t get the traffic Gen I/II get or Gen III. So if you think you have something of interest to the majority here, this is were you’ll get it seen. I think by moving them to the appropriate forums, shows people where the appropriate forum are. This is the first, and only forum I go too, so it's been a learning experience.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've tried to get this through to everyone for a while now, but I guess since Im not an owner, no one cares what I think. :rolleyes:

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've tried to get this through to everyone for a while now, but I guess since Im not an owner, no one cares what I think. :rolleyes:
Austin,it's not that we don't care what you think-just tone down the anger a little.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well, if it's about a GenIII in any way, it belongs here.. It's pretty simple.. If a person doesn't like a thread...... Don't click on it. ;)

G

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well, if it's about a GenIII in any way, it belongs here.. It's pretty simple.. If a person doesn't like a thread...... Don't click on it.
G

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well, if it's about a GenIII in any way, it belongs here.. It's pretty simple.. If a person doesn't like a thread...... Don't click on it. ;)

G

Well said Mr G. :2tu:

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does anyone have a red hardtop for sale for a GEN 1 ??? AL... :nono: :nono:

Reaction score

I was wondering the same thing!
Posts like: "Happy Birthday XXXXXXXXXXX"

And those posts do not get moved to the correct section.

I think you need to clarify that statement. let me help.

A post like "Happy Birthday George Williams" should definitely be moved...I have NO IDEA who that person is.

A post concerning the birthday of a SRT Forum REGULAR, in my humble (and, more importantly, "bottom line") opinion...is just FINE here.

Case in point.....a "Happy Brithday" post for, well....lets say ME...does NOT belong here. I am NOT an SRT-10 owner, or a regular here (Aside from Admin stuff). That post would more like need to be in the GTS area....where I AM an owner and more of a regular.

This forum is NOT just for "talking" about the SRT-10. This is the SRT-10 family forum. Thats how I see it.....so, a thread by an SRT-10 owner, possibly comparing his SRT-10 to his 06 Z06 would seem to be appropriate here. Whereas, a thread by Joe Schmo about HIS 06 Z06...and he is NOT a SRT-10 owner, or regular here....belongs in another area.

Since you guys are all-knowing.....how about a test. How about I move EVERY SINGLE non-SRT-10 discussion post for the next month? I hazard a guess that there would be less entertainment and the whole aura in the Forum would be less personal, friendly, and (more importantly), less fun. If you guys are up for that....I'll move every "Happy Birthday" thread (aren't those so very annoying? They are SO very hard to SKIP!), EVERY thread that mentions any other car, any post that is NOT centered around the SRT-10.

Seriously.....ignore that stuff that you (third person) find unimportant. It isn't that hard. Are there going to be threads that are borderline as to whether they belong here? Yep. If they are SO borderline....then they can stay, and can be skipped.

This thread "More Power for Corvette - Automotive News Article" SHOULD not have been here. This thread (in my opinion), should have STAYED here "got the new vette ....but kept the viper".

Not to worry....I have almost had it up to "here" anyway, and I honestly don't have time to deal with these earth-shattering issues. I'll never understand, and I've been doing this for a long time, why people can't just pass over what they DON'T find interesting. There are NOT that many posts in this Forum that would make one worry about the "interesting" threads getting moved back a page or two!

First it was the SRT bashers. Enough complaining (instead of just ignoring them), and the Forum was cleaned up (resulting in fewer posts). Now, the push is on to eliminate ANYTHING non-SRT-10. I'll do what I can.....but don't ANY of the complainers (complaining NOW) go on to complain if I move one of YOUR posts that I deemed non-SRT-10.

I finally learned that one cannot make everyone happy.....so....I just worry about ME! LOL!!!

We'll work to keep your forum nice and tidy.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can a Vipair be modified to fit on a Gen III? How much RWHP gain can be expected on an SRT-10 with a Vipair? :D

OP
OP
T

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Tony, I wasn't trying to make work for you and sure we can skip over the post titles that we aren't interested in but I would rather read about the person who dumped their Z06 or BMW to buy an SRT10 then the other way around. Thats all. Like i said, hopefully this sub forum section will be filled with SRT 10 owners and enthusiasts getting ready for warmer Viper weather and talking about the things they intend to do rather then filling this forum up with nonsense. You shouldn't have to work at moving threads, people should just take a minute to understand the forum geography and post their comments accordingly. Thats all.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let's start talking about our plans for our cars as the weather gets warmer. What modifications are doing to your cars? Who is attending Viper Days, other race events, when are the gatherings taking place and where? Let's also start moving the non SRT 10 posts to there appropriate category on this form so we can focus.

Let's start talking about our plans for our cars as the weather gets warmer. Go to:
(From my research I think this is the only topic allowed here?)
SRT-10 and SRT-10 Coupe Discussions @ http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21

What modifications are doing to your cars? Go to:
Performance Modifications @ http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2
Who is attending Viper Days? Go to:
Viper Racing League @ http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=vdays
other race events? Go to:
Viper Racing/Dyno Results/Time Slips @ http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB7
when are the gatherings taking place and where? Go to:
Viper Events and Gatherings @ http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB13

Any Questions?
Now, start talking about (plans for our cars as the weather gets warmer.) Or make like a sheep herder and get the flock out of here:)
Nuf sed

OP
OP
T

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh forget it. Post the Z06 stuff all you want then. Sorry I mentioned it.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh forget it. Post the Z06 stuff all you want then. Sorry I mentioned it.

Sorry I mentioned it. Go to:
Board and Site Questions/Suggestions @ http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16

I’m just jerking your chain:)
If you know about each and every different forum, for every topic, your spending way to much time at the forum and you;ll find yourself foruming with yourself :)
Trust me, these things I know.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A small history lesson for those of you who may have registered later than 02 or so. Sometime back in those dark ages the major gripe about the board was that posts were moved all the time and deleted. Those who were here back then understand what I mean by major gripe, it was WAY beyond that. It's interesting the the new complaint seems to be about NOT moving enough threads! You can't have it both ways. In my humble opinion Vipermad has done an exemplary job of keeping the flow going in the right direction without constantly forcing us to duck all over the forums looking for that post we could not finish. I like where it's at right now.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lee, I agree. Tony Vipermad does an oustanding job of moderating and archiving in between doing his real job and polishing his posermobile. :D Personally, I would rather keep it simple and have less sub-sections like we had in the old days. Viper Discussion, Off-Topic and all the other stuff like modifications, Dyno results, supplier specials, etc. I understand because of the volume of posts, it's easier for the moderators to archive when it's broken down to sub-sections.

Now back on topic. Turbo has a point about diluting the "Master Race" with inferior DNA. God forbid if anyone were to post any information regarding the Gen IV on the Gen III forum.

In the mean time, relax and let Tony take care of moving the "Happy Birthday", "ZO6", "Ford GT" and "Lamborghini" threads to where they belong. He's been doing it all along.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Happy B.DAY BOB!!! He drives a CC = does that count?

The present SRT-10 post is funny and my post is SRT-10 related too since the word SRT-10 is mentioned at least three times.

HAND!
(have a nice day)

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Happy B.DAY BOB!!! He drives a CC = does that count?

The present SRT-10 post is funny and my post is SRT-10 related too since the word SRT-10 is mentioned at least three times.

HAND!
(have a nice day)

Hey Markus, that you? Wie geht es Ihnen? You went and changed your screen name on us. You had to go and stir the ***. This is the SRT-10 Discussion section. CC discussions belong here: Viper Competition Coupe Discussion .

Nehmenobacht von selbst......Und haben Sie einen schönen Tag!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Dave! Yes, its me - changing my username is LONG, VERY LONG ago. Your German sounds good!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As usual you can't make everyone happy. I personally like to look at Gen I/II and GenIII. I don't like the sub-catagories cause believe it or not, and this is a pretty scary thought, you kind of get used to reading the same characters comments. Kind of a social kinship, you go to the other catagories and you get no response to questions or comments. I agree that if your not interested in a thread than don't read it, what's the big deal. I'm personally really interested in the performance/mechanical aspects of the cars, so I eagerly scour the threads for new info. It's usually really limited and I think for the same reasons others do the same for their interests. I guess because of the lack of new and different threads people end up reading everything and getting all worked up. Maybe it's cabin fever, who knows. I like reading it all, like your Viper buddies are over, and 90% of the chatter is about the Viper and %10 is slightly off target.
Great Forum Tony, long live the Viper and the automotive hobby as we know it. We all are CAR CRAZY!!!!!

OP
OP
T

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Tony (SuperchargedViperMad) I think I got this off my chest (cabin fever big time) but I am getting sick of looking at my own thread now. Would you nuke this one buddy? Thanks to everyone for their input and you are all valid with your points of view. Snow again this morning (although not that much) but Spring is now only 22 days away! :2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper