Let's plan a PHILLY mtg; give wannabes a chance to check out a viper

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let\'s plan a PHILLY mtg; give wannabes a chance to check out a viper

A couple weeks ago, Klayfish and Brad posted a desire to see a Viper in person (they're uninitiated but interested). I offered to show them mine, but then I thought, maybe we can have a Philly event....

Philly VCA members can meet each other, and those interested can check out some sweet rides. 2 birds, 1 stone kinda thing.

Anyone interested?? If not, I'll just meet up with them solo for a viewing :)

... perhaps a local *******??(i've never been!)

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Let\'s plan a PHILLY mtg; give wannabes a chance to check out a viper

Sounds great.... since I'm one without a 1:1 model....

But, I'd have to fly to the US to visit you guys. :eek:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Depending on a date, I will come from Lancaster to represent Blown GEN 1 generation. I'm pretty sure I can tag along 1-3 Vipers with me.

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd love to do a get together. I'm definitely new here, but I've been watching Vipers for a while. I didn't start posting here until I was actually close to purchasing one...had to sell my FFR Cobra first. I've got my eye on a couple of GTS' right now...we'll see how it goes.

Steve

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm in allentown and depending on the date I would be interested in meeting up for a couple of hours.

BradH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm there, just let me know when!

BTW RedEnuf93, I'm originally from the Lancaster area. Ever been through Rohrerstown? I lived on Marietta Avenue about a mile from Rohrerstown Rd intersection.

-Brad

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Damn. I miss Philly. Lived there for 2 years in Center City. Something weird yet cool about that town....:(

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would be interested. Philly being such a big city I thought when I bought my viper that there wiould be a ton of events going on, but I can never find anything local.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cmon, PA members, goto Atlantic City tomorrow with us!!

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let's shoot for a date in July or August. I think I'll have a Viper in the garage by then...not going to "jinx" myself, but prospects are excellent... :cool: I'll be more than happy to take the lead in organizing it if you guys would like. My wife and I have lots of experience in putting together car shows/cruises. We're proud of the local Cobra club that we helped start and the annual show we put together. The show is now on it's 4th year, and actually about the 7th overall show (we've had lots of rainouts and such, so we've done events twice in one year). But I don't want to step on anyones' toes, especially being new here. I'd just be more than happy to help organize it if you'd like.

Steve

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I may be able to join in as well. Sounds like a good idea.

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score

10th annual mopar- car- b- que september 9th, 9am-4pm(leave when you want) for you philly guys...event is held just outside philly in atco n.j.(2 min. from atco raceway)...look under www.moparcarbque.com for info. there are other car shows/cruises in area, but check to see if a viper is invited...there's alot of nuts who don't like having the best car ever built in their presence. guess they don't get as much attention when a viper's around!! lol

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I might be able to make this one as well just depends on the date.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm in. There are a few of us from Delaware that could make it to PA if the date works.

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well then let's pick a date. Like I mentioned, for me, I'd like to do either the last of July or first weekend of August, as I'm hoping to have a Viper in the garage by then. Either of those dates work for you guys?

Also have to pick a location. My wife and I use Washingtons' Crossing, PA for the Cobra shows we put on (that's the car I sold to buy a Viper). It was fairly central so that people from DE, northern Jersey area, and Philly/points west all have an equal distance to drive. It's right off of I-95. Would that work for you guys?

Steve

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am near Langhorne, so WAshington's Crossing should work for me at least. Nice area too.

Remember that some car guys go to Macungie for the HUGE car show that is the first Saturday in August..and the FRiday and Sunday surrounding same.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Washingtons Crossing is fine with me. Late July early August. But then again maybe should we meet at a place where there is food and drink?

Gary

OP
OP
P

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i'm glad there's a strong philly area contingent!! washington's crossing sounds find too, but i second SYNFULL's recommendation for food (and DRINK)!!

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's up to you guys on what you'd want to do. Do you want to do just meet somewhere and grab something to eat? Or do you want to do a local Viper "show"? And by show, I mean quite small and local. It costs $50 to rent the pavillion and very large parking lot from the park for the day.

With the Cobras, my wife and I rented the lot. For the first year, we did a BBQ cookout. Assuming the group is relatively small, that could be an option. If the group was large, there are other options. After everyone ate, we planned a cruise route and took a nice ride. There are some really nice roads in the area.

Or if you don't want to do that, we could always just pick a central meeting place and grab some food. I'll be the first to nominate *******!! My wife and I don't even drink, but I'll admire the decor in the restaurant... :2tu:

I'm going to wait until the car arrives at my door to say anything (since with my luck as of late, something will happen....), but I expect to have my car here in early to mid July.

Matt,
Do you have any info on that Macungie show? I just moved to Pennsburg about 9 months ago, which is 15 minutes or less from there. I'd be interested in going.

Steve

pavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I live near Washington's Crossing and there are a few restaurants with bars in the village itself or nearby. There is some great cruising up the Delaware from there if anyone is interested in a cruise before or after meeting in Washington Xrossing.
Pavenom
2000 RT/10

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Klayfish....it's Das Awks Fesct. (August Festival) It's for older cars, but a really nice show and good day. There's a huge toy meet nearby on Saturday..the car show runs Friday, Saturday, Sunday. It's at the big park in Macungie.

It's the only show I go to as a spectator.

I lived in Pennsburg many years ago by the reservoir off of 663. Know the area well.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We can BBQ or go to a restaurant. That is a nice area to cruise. Especially near the delaware water gap.

Gary

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds good. Let's set something up.