Locked in! fixed itself?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the top down after a long day at the office, jumped in and started down the road. It hit the window switches all the way and they didn't auto-down. Hmmm. I lowered them by holding the switches (the old fashioned way) and started down the road. I then noticed my speedo not working, then checked the rest of the gauges....nothing. I figured the heat had warped a fuse, of one was just bad. When I got home and tried to get out, nothing! I was trappped. I could have jumped out, but just sat there thinking. The inside handle didn't work, the outside handle either. I could have (if the top had been up) reached out with the key and manually opened the door, but decided to start the car again to see what would happen. Instantly everything back to life. I had driven about 5 miles without anything working and just a key off / key on fixed it. Can anyone explain? Anyone else have this happen?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Might check connections in and around PCM, check fuses for looseness, check ground wires...wonder if the BCM (body control module) had a mild seizure...sorry that I don't know a specific cause, but would certainly see a Viper Tech soon...and please let us know what they say/find.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the doors lock as well one time (both inside and outside handles). The car had been in the garage with the alarm off. I pressed the disarm button on the remote and it came back to life.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with your dealer, they told me there was a recall for an interemitent electrical problem that sound similiar to what you described. It happened to a friend of ours while we were on a cruise.

MrLucky1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I think I may be the one PaViper was referring to. That happened to me exactly as you described. I informed the dealer when they did the cam bolt recall. Supposedly, they could not find anything. It has not happened but that one time. If you learn of a recall, or what the cause was, please post so that I can have the dealer look into it further.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, good to hear from you, I will check with my dealer again this coming week. After explaining your problem to him, he started telling me about a recall for an electrical problem that caused similiar issues. I will check it out and let you know.
Carmen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc