Look for help with a Carfax and/or background check

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the title states, I'm hoping to look at a car this weekend and would like to research as much as I can. I've seen several posts here about folks at dealerships that can run the VIN and people with Carfax accounts. They often mention people by name and I'm too new to know who they're talking about. Can someone point me in the right direction? Car is located in Michigan.

Thanks!

OP
OP
W

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks very much to Chuck Tator for running the vehicle repair history! Great guy to talk with. Still looking for someone with a Carfax account. I found the link to the VCA Carfax service, but I can't access it. Hoping to go look at this car tomorrow morning.

FRC Z51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
carfax.com

Just spend the $34.99 and know you'll have an answer. Asking around on forums might not get you what you need, when you need it. For an extra $10, you can also get 4 more reports (5 total). That's nice if you plan on looking at a few cars.

OP
OP
W

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran the carfax and paid the extra for a few more reports, which will come in handy.

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran Carfax and Autocheck, before I pulled the trigger---spending this much on a car, you want as much
411 as possible---

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best thing to do is have a trusted tuner or VCA member look it over for you and chuck tator to run the vin