Look what I received for Fathers day!!

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here in Ontario, if you do 30 over they impound your car on the spot, take your license, $10,000.00 fine (yes that is $10 K!!), up to 6 months jail time, 6-8 points, and they charge you the tow truck fee to impound the car! :omg:

I like Ohio! :D:D

Is that canadian 10K:D:D:D

seems a little steep for driving alittle fast, if that was the law in ohio I would have for sure put the car back into 3rd and ran like hell and take my chance of getting away:2tu:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, very steep. Ontario gov decided a few years ago they wanted to stop street racing! :rolleyes: This was their idea. :lmao:

Step two to this is they are trying to put into effect as of Jan 1st that ALL vehicles have governers in them limiting speed to 93 MPH:omg:

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, very steep. Ontario gov decided a few years ago they wanted to stop street racing! :rolleyes: This was their idea. :lmao:

Step two to this is they are trying to put into effect as of Jan 1st that ALL vehicles have governers in them limiting speed to 93 MPH:omg:

I must have the first prototype in the states.........

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice of you to go ahead and comply to that law by buying a yellow Viper :lmao:

Ok seriously, the $10k fine is INSANE. No person in their right mind would ever willingly pull over if they know they're gonna get that type fine and jail time!! I bet they have a whole lotta people run from the cops :omg: Feel free to move to GA, join the VCA down here and you'll only have to deal with a fraction of ridiculous laws that you have to deal with up there :buttkick:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice of you to go ahead and comply to that law by buying a yellow Viper :lmao:

Ok seriously, the $10k fine is INSANE. No person in their right mind would ever willingly pull over if they know they're gonna get that type fine and jail time!! I bet they have a whole lotta people run from the cops :omg: Feel free to move to GA, join the VCA down here and you'll only have to deal with a fraction of ridiculous laws that you have to deal with up there :buttkick:

Chad... Everyone knows that yellow Vipers can do 110 or so with K&N's and smooth tubes! Duh! :rolaugh:

Hey! Beavis! Butthead! Listen up here! :nunu::nunu::rolaugh:

Yes, the $10k is beyond stupid! As for pulling over, a guy that I work with was being followed by a cop the day this law came into effect and was tagged TWICE for doing 30 over! Went to court and fought it but still cost him a fair bit and MANY points. Thing is here in Canada most do not even have a vehicle that would outrun the cops so they just pull over. Mix that with how laid back we Canuks are....:rolleyes:

I gotta move to GA, OH, or is it Idaho that has no speed limit??? :D:D

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in Ontario, and faught a 'stunt driving' ticket my ex-girlfriend got. A nurse, driving a Dodge Neon, going to work... and she got nailed for it. $800 impound+tow charge, 1 week license suspension... this is ALL BEFORE she is found guilty... to which she was not found guilty. Charges dropped. I'm pretty good at fighting tickets. Either way, the 6 month jail\$10,000 fine is not the charge... it's UP TO 6 months in Jail, and $10,000. The minimum charge if found guilty is $2,000 and a month license suspension. If you're found guilty with excessive speeding OVER 50km\h over the speed limit (Say, 230km\h in a 100km\h zone like one guy I know) You'll get Jail time + a larger fine.

It *****... but the law is targetting the WRONG people, and I think they should re-think how the law is written... cause they're tagging 90 year olds who have no idea the speed limit JUST changed from 100km\h down to 60km\h when they were doing 10km\h above the speed limit in the 100km\h zone... BOOM... Stunt driving. Totally unfair... and the cops set-up traps to nail these peoples knowing full well they had no idea.

This same 'stunt driving' law also targets people who have one or more wheels off the ground (such as wheeling on a motorcycle) or burning rubber. Yeah... if you turn a corner, and give your Viper a little gas causing the rear end to slide out - which we all do -... thats stunt driving... immediate impound of vehicle, and license and court date. Fun eh? Just for that??

One more ridiculous thing, is the fact that if you're turning left, and the light turns green... and you notice the car coming towards you is brain dead... and that you have enough time to turn left in front of him... BOOM.... stunt driving as well. Same charge as if you're going 50km\h over the speed limit. Bigger punishment, than if you were drinking and driving.

Sorry for the rant... I just think this law is absolutely insane, and should ONLY be used when an accident has occured, so that they can charge the person who is guilty for more. For example: "Sir, you drove into this parked car... but you were also going 50km\h over the speed limit... and you were also smoking your tires, etc etc."

Happy driving!! Get your radar detectors!!!!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Radar detectors? Aren't those illegal in Ontario too? ;) :lmao:

Did not know burnouts were under that law too! :omg: Had not heard that one yet! :crazy2: