Look what I received for Fathers day!!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

93 in a 60 on my way to the race track.............terrible, but I thought I would share...lol

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ouch!!! did he write you for the 93? in IA that's bye bye license me thinks:)

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fathers day is a bad day to be speeding :nono: If the :cop: has kids he's pissed that he has to work while your out having fun and cops will say" your kids want to keep their father around longer" and they are doing you a favor.:dunno:

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hope he cut you a break, thats some fine otherwise. In NJ I dont think you will be driving it back home.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually wrote it for 93.....no break but i called a buddy that received a 120 in a 60 real close to the same spot and he said the mayors court had a maxium fine of 150.00 and that is all he paid including court cost, will see. Like I said it was just a speeding ticket nothing else (reckless operation, etc) so my buddy told me if it was just a speeding ticket then they can only charge you the max of 150.00.

He didn't have much to say, "I got you at 93, license/insurance and sit tight......10 minutes later here is your ticket and have a nice day," heck he didn't even tell me to slow down!!!

Only real bad part of getting the ticket was, its really early in the summer driving season to get smacked now.

cash84-----for as many times I get away with it, its bound to happen sooner or later....lol
but I here ya

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually wrote it for 93.....no break but i called a buddy that received a 120 in a 60 real close to the same spot and he said the mayors court had a maxium fine of 150.00 and that is all he paid including court cost, will see. Like I said it was just a speeding ticket nothing else (reckless operation, etc) so my buddy told me if it was just a speeding ticket then they can only charge you the max of 150.00.
^I knew there was a reason to move to Ohio! (assuming that's true)

That a mandatory 15 day suspension in PA, along with a fine much higher than $150.

Still ***** though...:(

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He didn't have much to say, "I got you at 93, license/insurance and sit tight......10 minutes later here is your ticket and have a nice day," heck he didn't even tell me to slow down!!!

Only real bad part of getting the ticket was, its really early in the summer driving season to get smacked now.

cash84-----for as many times I get away with it, its bound to happen sooner or later....lol
but I here ya

If that's true, it looks like i'm moving to Ohio :)

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least you knew what you were doing... speeding, that is.

I got one three weeks ago... 15 over. I swear the road looked like it should've been a 45!! The cop said they lowered the limit to 35 because it's so dangerous there (four lanes, grassy median) ??!!?? I honestly had no idea and there wasn't a sign posted between when I got on and when I got pulled 1/2 mile later!!

Stay out of WAYNSBORO VA. is the lesson I learned.

- J

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At least you knew what you were doing... speeding, that is.

I got one three weeks ago... 15 over. I swear the road looked like it should've been a 45!! The cop said they lowered the limit to 35 because it's so dangerous there (four lanes, grassy median) ??!!?? I honestly had no idea and there wasn't a sign posted between when I got on and when I got pulled 1/2 mile later!!

Stay out of WAYNSBORO VA. is the lesson I learned.

- J

Those are the tickets that tic me off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my ticket was deserved and thats that.
If I'm going to get two points I might as well make it a good one:D

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm suppose to go to court on 7/1 but I will be out of town so will have to reschedule until I get back but I will post back and let you guys know if the fine was really 2 points and 150.00 bucks.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.........lol

Last edited:

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohh thats a hefty one, but could be worse.

I got nailed 102 in a 55 a couple years ago :omg::omg:
It was a $500 fine, 6 points and a 30 day suspension. But I still got to drive home :2tu: I think the cop cut me some slack because he was shocked as hell it was a NEON he was chasing down :rolaugh: :lmao:

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What state was that??????
About 10 years ago......(wow time flies)...
I got a 98 in a 65 or 70 I don't remember in dobson north Carolina
and it was about 150 bucks and a license suspension only in north Carolina (I was from Ohio) so it really didn't matter. They sent me a letter 6 months later saying the suspension was up and to pay 25.00 to reinstate. I never paid it so I'm not to sure if I'm valid in n. Carolina or not.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would fight it - I have fought every ticket I ever gotten and I have have gotten out of all with a clean record.

This means no increase to insurance (and mine is very low).

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would fight it - I have fought every ticket I ever gotten and I have have gotten out of all with a clean record.

This means no increase to insurance (and mine is very low).

I'm all about fighting tickets and have been successful in some cases but i'm not to sure about this one.

I'm open for suggestions:D

And when you say "I have fought every ticket I ever gotten" that could mean 2.
I'm not saying its only two but fighting tickets take up alot of time and most of the time your not successful. I have had atleast 20 tickets in 18 years of driving and was able to get out of 3 in court if I remember correctly, that goes to tell me my success rate *****:D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got a 98 in a 55 here in NJ on th parkway in march. on the way down to florida. (great way to start a 1500 mile trip)

judge and prosecutor were not friendly and both in bad moods. i ended up getting it knocked down to 75 i think it was and they revoked my license for the day.

it would have been worse if i didnt bring my friend with me who was a cop.....

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do they have deferred adjudication in your state? Here in :tx: we just pay a reduced fine and as long as we don't get another ticket in that jurisdiction in a specified time frame (30 to 90 days) the ticket goes away.

So my last trifecta ticket (unsafe speed & lane change, failure to yield) cost me $300 and 60 days good behavior within the city limits. Which it's too hot to drive the Viper right now and they don't pull over pickup trucks! :rolaugh:

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oregon is on my list...I got picked up in my LandCruiser of all things. If you are near Salem...watch the speed limits... they have it set up so you go from 65 to 60(poorly marked) and when you are minding your own business at 70 or 72....ticket. I got it for doing 81 in a 60 (the car in front of me was going that speed but changed lanes and the woman highway patrol thought since I was behind him, I was doing the same speed:( and SINCE I was from out of state...who do you think got the ticket for 281 dollars?:rolleyes:.) I tried the nice card and the I am a doctor and a professional like you card and I did even get the time of day from that woman.

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oregon is on my list...I got picked up in my LandCruiser of all things. If you are near Salem...watch the speed limits... they have it set up so you go from 65 to 60(poorly marked) and when you are minding your own business at 70 or 72....ticket. I got it for doing 81 in a 60 (the car in front of me was going that speed but changed lanes and the woman highway patrol thought since I was behind him, I was doing the same speed:( and SINCE I was from out of state...who do you think got the ticket for 281 dollars?:rolleyes:.) I tried the nice card and the I am a doctor and a professional like you card and I did even get the time of day from that woman.

I hope she never gets sick when your on call......lol

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Ontario, if you do 30 over they impound your car on the spot, take your license, $10,000.00 fine (yes that is $10 K!!), up to 6 months jail time, 6-8 points, and they charge you the tow truck fee to impound the car! :omg:

I like Ohio! :D:D

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Ontario, if you do 30 over they impound your car on the spot, take your license, $10,000.00 fine (yes that is $10 K!!), up to 6 months jail time, 6-8 points, and they charge you the tow truck fee to impound the car! :omg:

I like Ohio! :D:D

That's because someone has to pay for social medicare up there. California might adapt that kind of fine to start paying for all the medical care given away free to the Mexican ileagal's before the state goes bankrupt

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got it! Nothing is free.

Yet if you ask the feds, they claim that is what the 13% sales tax and 45% income tax is for but.... :rolleyes: