1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at 2008 Convertible-Value

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by georgethedog, Nov 8, 2013.

1. georgethedog

georgethedog Enthusiast

Yes, Georgethedog may be back... Good or bad depending on your point of view...

Anyway, please forgive me for asking this, but I have been out of the Viper world for a couple years now and have lost touch with values.

I am looking at a 2008 Viper SRT-10 convertible that has been converted to a Street Serpent. It is basically all stock except for the conversion. It is a two-owner blue with white stripes and has a little over 8K miles.

Opinions please on a fair price. Thanks guys!

2. Steve M

Steve M Enthusiast

Low to mid 60s would be an asking price I'd expect, maybe picking it up for upper 50s to low 60s?

3. georgethedog

georgethedog Enthusiast

Thanks, Steve. The asking price is $69,995... I hate it when the dealer starts so high that even when you get them down $5,000 the deal is still not that good.

4. Steve M

Steve M Enthusiast

Just as an example, mine was originally listed by a dealer for around $69k...they ended up dropping it to $57,900-ish, which was as low as they would go. The car was mostly stock (had some aftermarket stereo gear) with about 9,500 miles on it.

5. Timnineside

Timnineside Enthusiast

The street serpents are amazing car's but when converted they always make me wonder why someone would do that to a perfectly good Viper. I'd do your diligence (odds are someone here knows or has seen the car) and make positive it has a clean record. Not that having an accident wouldn't make you want to buy it but may work has a great negotiating tool.

GL and sounds like an amazing looking car.

-Tim

6. ROCKET62

ROCKET62 Has Left the Room!

Be happy to offer any advice or thoughts on that Viper as I know just a little about Street Serpents, Vert/Coupe conversions, etc. I think I know which one you're looking at - and while I know about many of the conversions, it was the first time I've seen that one.

John

7. georgethedog

georgethedog Enthusiast

Thanks, John. I'm steeping back a little bit so as to not make any rash decisions. The Challenger SRT-8 to AFR 'Cuda turned out great! Steve at Autoform is a master at what he does and my 'Cuda looks OEM. My brother wants to buy it and since he lives in the same town I will still be able to take it to car shows.

I'm considering retiring in 3 1/2 years and my wife in 6 1/2, so I am running a lot of numbers right now. I don't want to make a bad financial decision... Probably a Gen IV would be a bad decision because they have a lot of room to depreciate based on the prices and where the other Gen cars seem to end up after the big depreciation years ($30's to low $40's). It would probably be the best move to get back into a Gen 3 (Street Serpent if I could find one). The Gen IV one I am looking at is just overpriced IMO... Actually, it is not even a good starting point for negotiating--again IMO. I could get a brand new C7 for about the same price, but I do want a convertible...

8. Viktimize

Viktimize Enthusiast

That car in stock form lists around low 60's usually. With the Street Serpent conversion I would expect it list a good bit more. The dealers asking price doesn't sound half bad.

9. georgethedog

georgethedog Enthusiast

Dealers always tell me that my "modded" car isn't worth near as much as stock... Can't have it both ways.