Looking at a SRT-C

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Recently sold my C5 and I am now debating on a SRT or SRT-C. I liked my vette and it performed everything I wanted it to do. I do not track my cars and the only time I actually get them up over 100mph is on lonely roads from Vegas to Reno. I am 6'-3" and weigh about 280lbs and had no problems fitting in my vette. Will I have any problems with either a Gen2 or Gen3? I sat in a C6 conv. and felt very cramped compared to my C5, so I pretty much will not be getting C6, although I very much like the Z06 and its performance. So I am narrowing my cars down to the viper, a porsche or maybe going back in time and picking up a mid 60's vette or other muscle car of that era. It looks like there are great deals out there on either SRT with $10k or more off sticker and this might be the perfect time to pick one up. My only hesitation so far, is which one, the coupe or vert? My only reason for selling the vette was because it was not a conv., but after seeing the SRT-C and SRT side by side, I am torn between the 2 models.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At your size, you will definitely be a tight fit in a Viper. It's definitely smaller on the inside than a C6. A seat lowering kit would help, but I would highly recommend you get a ride in one before you buy.

cbarber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ronnie Coleman had a 99 GTS I believe and evidently had no problems fitting in it. He's 5'11" and about 330-340 in the off season.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer convertibles, and that's one of the big reasons why I never bought a ZR-1 or Z06 Corvette.

You definitely want to get some driving time behind the wheel of the Viper to see if the cockpit suits your tastes.
I'd also agree that if you are 5'-10" or taller and looking at a Viper, you should really consider getting the seat lowering kit. It's a relatively easy install for a mechanic, and makes a great difference putting your field of view into the center of the windshield for taller guys.

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will they let you drive them? I know our local chevy dealerships wouldn't let me drive the Z06, even though I have spent plent of money there.

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a C5 and am 6'2" and 280lbs.

You should fit in an SRT-C. You won't have an abundance of room, but it won't be much different from a C5. You will absolutely need a seat lowering kit.

I have the 1" seat lowering kit and fit ok. The seats have good support under the legs for those with long legs.

Getting in/out of the Viper is a bit harder than a C5 since the sills are higher and the doors are smaller, but not too bad.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m 6’2’’, 220ibs and I sold my GTS and bought an SRT/10 convertible. I really like the convertible a lot and if your not going to track the car I’d go with the SRT/10. I just put a 1’’ adjustable seat lowering kit in and it make all the difference. The seat bolster are snug, but I drove it home from NC with no issues. As far as the coupe, I like the lines of the convertible better.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302