Looking for a 96 B&W GTS

want a B&W coupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for a Blue and White 96 GTS. Must be mint. Funds are ready.

Please PM me if you have one for sale.

Thank you

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I don't understand it, how can someone drop down $40G to buy a car with one picture? What are these sellers thinking. If in fact this is even a legit auction. Ebay should make you post like 5 or 6 pictures of the car, that would limit the fraud going on a little I believe. Just a little.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't let the number if pictures in an ad influence my decision to check the car out. If it scares others away, then so be it. It's less competition for the eventual buyer. Many owners are not sales savy and may post suboptimal ads.

You would have a hard time going wrong with a 41K price on a B&W with no accidents and 35K miles. I would definitely check it out if I was in the market.

The number of pictures in a listing seem to be loosely correlated with how overpriced a car is.

I just bought an SUV that was listed on auto trader with one picture that looked like it was taken with a camera phone. I did the usual, had someone from the board run a Carfax and got a written statement from the owner of no accident or repair history. I had it inspected at a dealer local to the seller as well as by a member here (Thanks again, Cody *****!) It is in great condition and I am very pleased with the purchase.

DrDJ

427Aggie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something is wrong with this picture...when was the last time you saw a very good condition B/W even with 30K go for ~40,000? Something smells fishy.

If you look at Viperalley I believe there is a B/W 96 over there with 7K miles for 51.

matt

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I didn't see any B/W GTS's for less than 47 that were clean cars, regardless of miles.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This car looks clean on carfax. Only copied the basics. If you want it all PM me.

1996 DODGE VIPER GTS
1B3ER69E4TV200837
COUPE
8.0L V10 SFI OHV / REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Standard Equipment | Safety Options
CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report
CARFAX Vehicle History - At A Glance
• 4 billion vehicle history events checked from public and private sources
• Qualifies - CARFAX Buyback Guarantee
• 2 owners
• Last reported mileage - 18,066 miles

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

The number of owners is estimated by CARFAX
Year purchased 1996 2004
Type of owner Personal ---
Estimated length of ownership 7 yrs. 6 mo. 1 yr. 10 mo.
Owned in the following states/provinces Florida California
Estimated miles driven per year 3,285/yr ---
Last reported odometer reading 13,976 18,066

Also, here is the last place serviced, call them about the car:

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
06/30/2004 16,143 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Arroyo Grande, CA Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Loan or lien reported
07/01/2004 16,158 California
Inspection Station Passed emissions inspection
09/20/2004 18,066 Cole Chrysler Dodge
San Luis Obispo, CA
805-543-7321
www.colechryslerdodge.com Vehicle serviced

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no connection to this car but I would buy it now as in right now for $41k if this is the car that I was looking for. I would then have someone on this board check the car out prior to a deposit being made. If this checks out okay, then I made a good deal. If not, what is the worse thing that could happen, you pick up a negative comment on ebay. Big Woop. Good luck in your decision and I'm predicting this auction will end prior to its ending time in 3 days.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something is wrong with this picture...when was the last time you saw a very good condition B/W even with 30K go for ~40,000? Something smells fishy.

If you look at Viperalley I believe there is a B/W 96 over there with 7K miles for 51.

matt

A few years ago you could get a clean B&W with <15-20K miles for low 40s without too much difficulty. I don't see the comparison between a 7K mile car and a 35K mile car, they are a world apart.

Maybe the guy actually wants to sell his car instead of sitting on it for a year? How long have some of the "non-fishy" cars been in the classifieds at the alley or here? Maybe he doesn't have the inclination to post about his car being for sale every other day for 2 months and still not sell it. If you guys want to pay so much for a car, I'll sell you my 98 GTS with 11K miles for $65K.

DrDJ

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1996 GTS B&W - 7,500 miles, all oem, no mods, extended warranty...email if interested.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no connection to this car but I would buy it now as in right now for $41k if this is the car that I was looking for. I would then have someone on this board check the car out prior to a deposit being made. If this checks out okay, then I made a good deal. If not, what is the worse thing that could happen, you pick up a negative comment on ebay. Big Woop. Good luck in your decision and I'm predicting this auction will end prior to its ending time in 3 days.

Probably the best advice regarding the issue. If this car checks out, that is a great deal

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i was looking on autotrader.com yesterday and there are a few of them (b&w) on there too. check em out...this one (the ebay listing)you have with the higher milage was on there and i think there might have been at last one or two more! i think they were in the forties too!...good luck

ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302