Looking for a Gen 1 for under $29K

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am in the market for a Gen 1 Viper. Specifically I'd like a 1995 year Viper with under 15k miles. $29k is my budget. I would be open to a Gen 2 RT/10 for a little above $30k and under 20k miles, but it would have to blow me away... I am pretty much set on getting a Gen 1. It has to be a clean title with no history of body damage, engine rebuild, paint work, etc.

I spent the winter months price watching and researching, and I finally feel like I have a good enough understanding of Vipers that it's time to buy. I am in NE Ohio, but I am open to any deals across the country. Just send me a PM if you know of anyone selling, or you have one for sale yourself. Thanks in advance everyone.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What color and interior are you looking for? Great choice on the 95 in my opinion.

Mine has 25k miles, so I'm 10k too many.

Good luck :2tu:

OP
OP
J

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No real preference on color. They all look good. But yeah, I would like one with under 15k miles.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Couple of our guys are downsizing ...know of more than one Gen II at 30-32...a 97 with 15k, maybe a 99 with 8k (33-36), 02 with 28k, etc.

OP
OP
J

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Couple of our guys are downsizing ...know of more than one Gen II at 30-32...a 97 with 15k, maybe a 99 with 8k (33-36), 02 with 28k, etc.

Do you have any more info on the Gen 2s with under 15k miles? Are they listed anywhere or is there anyone I can contact? Thanks.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're near NOVA... You're welcome to have a look at mine. It's a red '94 w/ 26k miles. Headgaskets done, all records, two tops, 3 sets of windows, tonneau cover, 2 car covers and lots of collectable extras..... It also has an Alan's Performance radiator and the updated cooling fan assy. along with silicone hoses. It's not advertised anywhere yet so if you're interested PM me...

edit: As noted below.. Tires are an important thing to watch out for. Mine is wearing 1 year old PS2s on '97(?) polished 5-spoke rims (probably only 5k miles on them). I also have the original 3 spokes in perfect condition...

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some advice would be NEW tires. If you want to keep the 17" wheels those Goodyears were dangerous and even worse than runcraps.

It would probably be worthy of finding one with upgraded wheels (non-cast), PS2s or equivalent, hi-flow cats and decent exhaust should be considered for the safety issues - unless you're just interested in garaging the car.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some advice would be NEW tires. If you want to keep the 17" wheels those Goodyears were dangerous and even worse than runcraps.

It would probably be worthy of finding one with upgraded wheels (non-cast), PS2s or equivalent, hi-flow cats and decent exhaust should be considered for the safety issues - unless you're just interested in garaging the car.

Yes I second these thoughts. New rubber is a must, take it from one who knows, and we all upgrade the exhaust anyway so why not do it on someone elses nickle.

OP
OP
J

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got in touch with Steve. Awesome guy, very very helpful. I am pretty sure I am going to hold out for an RT/10 though... That is what my heart is set on.

That green/tan is a beauty. Not quite sure if it's for me, but I have your info if anything changes. Thanks everyone. Any more.. Keep them coming.

V

Venomiss

Hopefully Steve already told you about the Ohio group and where you can find them but just in case:

Mission

Maybe someone close may have your dream.

R/T 10der

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I apoligze for posting a friends low mileage 1995 Green Viper info here with pictures in a response to this post by jjp11... Just wanting to help both parties out and didn't relize that what I was doing was wrong.. I have been on this site for a long time like I told Kelly and have never posted anything in the for sale section and didn't know... My Bad! I'm sorry! :rolleyes: John(onecatnodog)Collins

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I apoligze for posting a friends low mileage 1995 Green Viper info here with pictures in a response to this post by jjp11... Just wanting to help both parties out and didn't relize that what I was doing was wrong.. I have been on this site for a long time like I told Kelly and have never posted anything in the for sale section and didn't know... My Bad! I'm sorry! :rolleyes: John(onecatnodog)Collins

Happens to the best of us. Kelly got me the other day for posting before I had the classified ads up.

On the other hand, you can send *** with pics and info without breaking any rules.

Ted

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got in touch with Steve. Awesome guy, very very helpful. I am pretty sure I am going to hold out for an RT/10 though... That is what my heart is set on.

That green/tan is a beauty. Not quite sure if it's for me, but I have your info if anything changes. Thanks everyone. Any more.. Keep them coming.

Check your *** in your inbox... I just sent you 2 links. ;)

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:lmao:

You have no idea! I put a thread up with black GTS's with black rims pics. In there, I stated that I was thinking about getting rid of my Chrome CCW 505A's and making the move to a Black rim. My post was deleted by her because she said I was trying to sell something.:lmao: I never put a price up, never said they were for sale, just merely put out there that I was thinking about making the move to a different rim.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao:

You have no idea! I put a thread up with black GTS's with black rims pics. In there, I stated that I was thinking about getting rid of my Chrome CCW 505A's and making the move to a Black rim. My post was deleted by her because she said I was trying to sell something.:lmao: I never put a price up, never said they were for sale, just merely put out there that I was thinking about making the move to a different rim.

Yeah, well, Miss Kelly might be a little upset at your inference to her gender. HE is about 6' 4" and 240lbs. And anytime someone posts "How much is it worth" we are going to take a hard look at it to see if someone is looking to get a free ad. If the poster is a VCA member the ad is free and we send them a friendly reminder to put it in the classifieds for FREE as Kelly did with Ted.
You, my friend are not a VCA member and subsequently you are not going to be cut any slack with the "What's it worth" technique. You're gonna have to buy an ad to ask that given your tenure here as a NON member.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I should apologize as well.. I'm sure my post here was pushing the boudaries and should be deleted as well.