Looking for a maintenance lift, not storage

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems like most of the lifts people discuss are for mainly storage and lift the car up via the wheels.

It takes me at least and hour just to get the car up on jacks right now. I have a small garage so it's a bit of a pain. I would ideally like to find something that will make it really easy to get the car off the ground and pull the tires off. The easier the install, the better, but I don't mind something complicated if it's worth it.

Any suggestions? Maybe a scissor lift?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go to Google.com Type Garage Lifts Alot of different lifts will come up. What is the height of your garage? Lifts have been installed with as little as 9' of height..

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you wanted you could use a four post storage lift and buy the add on rolling jack like I did and I have the best of both worlds.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like most of the lifts people discuss are for mainly storage and lift the car up via the wheels.

It takes me at least and hour just to get the car up on jacks right now. I have a small garage so it's a bit of a pain. I would ideally like to find something that will make it really easy to get the car off the ground and pull the tires off. The easier the install, the better, but I don't mind something complicated if it's worth it.

Any suggestions? Maybe a scissor lift?

How I feel your pain. I've got my eye set on one of these...
KwikLift portable, drive-on, low-level car, truck and forklift lifts

They sell casters for it so you can leave the car on the lift and then push it out of the way to pull your other car into the garage next to it.

They also sell bridges so the car can be lifted off the ramps.

It seems like the perfect solution for those of us with standard one or two car garages and limited ceiling space. It isn't the lift you are looking for but it aint bad.

And it is made in the USA.

The sissor lift you mentioned is also a reasonable option but obviously it gets int the way of certain underbody work.

Banshe302 got pics?

1MEANASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have the kwiklift works great if u get one be sure to order 2 bridges-one for the front-the other for the rear-that way u can jack the whole car up -take off all 4 wheels same time-or whatever-i use mine for storage in this god fore saking north-seems to be stored quite awile-anyway-i think i paid around 1400 all said an done-plus u can get it powdercoated to match car color

OP
OP
W

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very good point about scissor lifts getting in the way of the underbody. I didn't realize that the kwiklift would allow you to get it up in the air and take the tires off. Definitely going to look into the kwiklift, that price sounds really reasonable.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check gregsmithequipment.com and look at their Atlas 2 post asym lifts. I have a 4 post and 2 post Atlas 10 from them. Great Service and great price. If you can fit the lift with the bar on top it will make life easier with rolling around trans jacks and oil drains etc, otherwise get the bar on the floor.

SuperBird4404BBL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try kwiklifts. I got mine on Wednesday and assembled it yesterday. It's a good piece of equiptment and will pick up the car twenty inches. Check out their website. :google:

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 10' garage. This is a low ceiling height 2 post lift from Bendpak

You must be registered for see images attach

It was right around $3k with shipping

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the Bend Pak SP-7X lift in my shop. It fits the viper tom perfection and you can walk under it. there is no need to use lifting blocks unless you are removing the side panels. I have had many lifts and this is the best i have found for working on vipers. It is not good for storage as you can not store another car under it.

BendPak, Inc. - Full-Rise Scissor Lift, 7,000 Lbs. Capacity

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 10' garage. This is a low ceiling height 2 post lift from Bendpak

It was right around $3k with shipping

Does the lift arms fit under without any problems, or do you have to raise the car???

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the lift arms fit under without any problems, or do you have to raise the car???

Stock ride height it would fit right under, with Motons I have to drive on boards first (I use 4 1' long 2 x 12's) Very easy. I have a mark on the floor where to place them, takes me less than 5 minutes to get it lifted off the ground.

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What thickness is your concrete, and I see you have it right against the wall, so you have enough working room on the passenger side like that?

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can not remember the floor thickness, but it is over the 4" recommended. It was actually poured as part of the main slab so it has the same beams that the house has. I can open the passenger door almost all the way. I have done every type of mod myself in the garage, and have yet to have an issue with it that close to the wall. I have almost three feet from the wall to the car when on the lift. My main goal was to have plenty of work space on the driver side for assembly work.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These pictures are from more than a year ago, I have reconfigured the garage alot since then. I would recommend anyone with a 10' garage looking for a lift seriously consider this Bendpak. I have really enjoyed it, and it has worked flawlessly

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to agree as Bend-Pak's quality is second to none and they are made in the U.S.A. Most, but not all, lifts are assembled in the U.S.A. from parts manufactured overseas. Bend-Pak makes their parts here.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F8L SNK,
Nice looking lift (Not to mention car).:2tu:
We need to meet up sometime.:drive:

Very similar to the scissor lifts we had on base at Barksdale and Wright Pat at the do it yourself service shops when I was on active duty.

My back got tired of working under a quick lift when I helped a neighbor with his C5 header and exhaust swap, but I'm pampered. You can't beat it for the money though.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds good, and nice looking blue white!

F8L SNK,
Nice looking lift (Not to mention car).:2tu:
We need to meet up sometime.:drive:

Very similar to the scissor lifts we had on base at Barksdale and Wright Pat at the do it yourself service shops when I was on active duty.

My back got tired of working under a quick lift when I helped a neighbor with his C5 header and exhaust swap, but I'm pampered. You can't beat it for the money though.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone wants to they can check out my Bend-Pak lift that is in my shop in Branford, CT. If you like you can try it out with my viper or another car.