Looking for child booster seat to fit my Viper

Bookie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Viper and a 3 year old daughter. My daughter has been asking for a ride in the Viper since she was 1 and now I think she is old & heavy enought for short spin on local roads. I purchased a Greco booster seat from Babies R Us and although the seat was well built and awsome, I could not get it to fit well in the Viper. I am hoping that someone out there has a little one who they take in the Viper.

1. What was the brand of seat and where did you get it
2. How well does it fit (poor, ok, great)
3. Does it tear up the seat (I purchased a seat protector that also does not fit all that well)
4. How old are your kids and how much do they weigh.

snowrunner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been running a Recaro Seat ( .: RECARO :.) Looks SWEET, you can order them online from Target or others for bout $100.

Top Notch seat, looks great with the OEM Viper Seats. VCA should get custom covers made up for them to match the Viper seats. I'd buy one instantly!

Uses the stock seat belt, fits in the car like it was meant to be there. My Son is 4 uses it in every car we drive! Won't damage the OEM seats!

Has the latest technology for safety, looks just like a racing seat!

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Snowrunner, does the Recaro seat fit 'down' into the viper seat well? I mean between the lower side bolsters?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the graco turbobooster is a perfect snug fit.. i used to use a towel underneath it but don't bother with that anymore...model # 8491RGB... the black color matches the car and u can even get the center blue piece in red ....

here is my 3 yr old ... my 7and 8 yr old use it as well

s12.JPG

s22.JPG

s31.JPG

s41.JPG

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the graco turbobooster is a perfect snug fit.. i used to use a towel underneath it but don't bother with that anymore...model # 8491RGB... the black color matches the car and u can even get the center blue piece in red ....

here is my 3 yr old ... my 7and 8 yr old use it as well

s12.JPG

Yep. That's the one we use. One for the SUV and one for the Viper. It fit a bit better in the Gen 2 seat than the Gen 3 seat; the Gen 3 seat is a bit narrower between the side bolsters. Still fits fine. I can't remember exactly, but Target had them for under $15, which is why we bought 2 avoiding the major inconvenience :rolleyes: of moving 1 seat from car to car. LOL

I don't recall at what weight kids move from a full car seat to a booster seat. Just make sure that yours is ready. The booster seat is ONLY there to raise the child up so they fit properly into the OE seat belt. If your daughter is too small for a booster seat, don't use it!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THIS POST SHOULD HAVE COME WITH A "SEVERE CUTENESS" WARNING LABEL!

PS: If you buy a SPARCO or other true childs car seat, we have done TEAM TECH RACING HARNESSES in them, to match the proud poppa's belts:
You must be registered for see images

the graco turbobooster is a perfect snug fit..
here is my 3 yr old ...
s41.JPG

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Matching racing harnesses, now thats pretty damn cool.

THIS POST SHOULD HAVE COME WITH A "SEVERE CUTENESS" WARNING LABEL!

PS: If you buy a SPARCO or other true childs car seat, we have done TEAM TECH RACING HARNESSES in them, to match the proud poppa's belts:
You must be registered for see images

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys turn off your passenger airbag when using the seat?

the passenger seat has a weight sensor so it turns off automatically untill u reach a certain weight(there is a light sensor on the center dash to confirm this) .. there is one member here whose wife is so slim the airbag is deactivated

snowrunner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Recaro Child seat fits the Viper seat like it was meant for it. The back of the Recaro actually moves to make it fit flush.

Having the head bolsters is a plus in a Viper, I wouldn't put my kids in it without one. The 08's can bite you at anytime, only the highest safety products for the kids.

Turn off the air bag in pre 08. In an 08 it has a sensor and no longer has a switch.

Attachments

• IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302