Looking for custom oval exhaust tips

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might either find very large exhaust outlets (to use as tips), or know where I might be able to get something custom-made (stainless steel, rolled edge)? Partly for the sake of novelty, partly to get that asphalted-up trailer-hitch-looking crap off there, and partly to open it up just a little more, I'm looking to do a single wide oval out the back rather than a pair of pipes. It has to stick out rather far so I don't continue to deep-fry my bumper cover while road-racing (it's already got a nice black charred finish from Sebring in May).

I want something that looks like this:
(JPEG is huge, so I posted as a link...)

http://www.stainless-specialties.com/wode_oval_tips_angled_view.jpg

But they can only make 2.75 x 6, and to look right I really need more like 3.75 x 8, with dual inlets, either 2.75 or 3"... and long, 14" long, but getting an arbitrary length is apparently not a problem [insert joke]. Other than size though, the product above is what I want. While the tip shown above is pretty big, it would look small and silly in the opening on the back of the Viper.

Actually, what I really wanted was a wide, flattened half-oval (flat across the bottom), with a nice rolled edge, but I'm starting to think that's way too much to hope for.

If anybody has any ideas or leads, I'd appreciate hearing about it...

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a look at SnakeOyl's oval tips. Look similar to B&B's oval style tips on there non-Viper systems.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you WELD (would that "damage" the finish) those chrome tips on or clamp them on?