Looking for factory shifter handle

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to swap in a factory black shifter handle, in place of the MGW that came with the car. Must be excellent condition. Figured I would see if anyone has one they would part with before buying new from VPA. Thanks!

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll post a pic tomorrow. You got something to trade, maybe??? Like maybe a hat or shirt with Sneaky Pete logo, Hint-Hint!:D

OP
OP
W

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't have any swag for trade. You can take my payment and buy whatever shirt you want! :D

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is. Send me whatever you think is fair. I've seen them given away and I've seen them sell for $100.00. PM me with your address and I'll reply with mine. I can send it out from work on Mon.

OP
OP
W

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, man. I appreciate the offer. Think I'll hold out for something a little closer to "like new" or just give in and buy from VPA.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, I think AJ was trying to give you the thing for almost free...Hint-Hint... You could've sent him a box of chocolate or something for fathers day...hahaha...

OP
OP
W

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand and greatly appreciate AJ's offer, but there is no reason to waste his generosity if the part isn't what I will use. Still very nice.

My car is a 2002.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand and greatly appreciate AJ's offer, but there is no reason to waste his generosity if the part isn't what I will use. Still very nice.

My car is a 2002.

Then mine wouldn't work. I just swapped my 08 shifter for the shorter 10 shifter. Wan't sure what I was going to do with the 08 shifter; but, keeping it unless I can find a buyer at a reasonable price. It's in brand new condition.

OP
OP
W

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that the shifter handles are all interchangeable. I want a '99+ (i.e. upgraded interior Gen2 or Gen3/4). If you don't mind, please shoot me a PM on price and post a couple of pics.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll pull mine out of storage tomorrow and take a look. I can't remember it having any blemishes but it's been a while as it was pull a long time ago.
It's from an 02

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two that are like brand new....no blemishes at all. Cars had less than 2K miles upon removal. If you're not happy with it, you can send it back for a full refund and I'll put it back in the box. :) Price....I have no idea...$50?

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my new Connolly / Cognac knob from VPA, it was $95 plus shipping, brand new in the wrapper.. it's nice to know that nobody else handled my knob. :D

attachment.php

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two that are like brand new....no blemishes at all. Cars had less than 2K miles upon removal. If you're not happy with it, you can send it back for a full refund and I'll put it back in the box. :) Price....I have no idea...$50?

Excellent. Just sent you a PM for details.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of the 99-02 style fits a 97? If not, what's different, threads? I could probably retap it

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my new Connolly / Cognac knob from VPA, it was $95 plus shipping, brand new in the wrapper.. it's nice to know that nobody else handled my knob. :D

attachment.php

Yes indeed. I'm glad you did not have to have a master-debate on whether to pull the trigger on your cognac knob.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes indeed. I'm glad you did not have to have a master-debate on whether to pull the trigger on your cognac knob.

I was a little worried about that, but I just measured my knob, it's about 6 inches long from the tip to the base and I'm ok with that because there's a bunch of guys here with much shorter knobs.

attachment.php

Last edited:

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a little worried about that, but I just measured my knob, it's about 6 inches long from the tip to the base and I'm ok with that because there's a bunch of guys here with much shorter knobs.

attachment.php

LMAO...Nice, good one. Made me laugh after a tough day at work.......Be safe out there!

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like what you've got there, is either Peyronies Disease or what they call Bent Nail Syndrome! Lol!

Nice....LOL......We've obviously digressed........sorry, back to topic. "Looking for factory shifter handle" and we've established that 2000 RT has a 6" knob in cognac and apparently I may have contracted "Peyronies Disease" :)

Last edited:

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice....LOL......We've obviously digressed........sorry, back to topic. "Looking for factory shifter handle" and we've established that 2000 RT has a 6" knob in cognac and apparently I may have contracted "Peyronies Disease" :)

pfft... fixed that.. for guys laughing at my 6" knob?, it's longer now.. made a video for the world to see it in action too! :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKF7MiF8GjU

attachment.php

Last edited:

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pfft... fixed that.. for guys laughing at my 6" knob?, it's longer now.. made a video for the world to see it in action too! :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKF7MiF8GjU

attachment.php

LMAO!! Absolutely Hilarious. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Love the video. We're definitely beyond "peyronies disease" at this point and who wouldn't be envious. I must capitulate......and simply pay homage to Black RT2000......Clint said it best "A Man's got to know his limitations." I have found mine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave