Looking for Fuel Pump Relay for 1998 Viper

DADS VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a 1998 Viper, VIN 1B3ER69E3WV400578. I am trying to find a fuel pump relay for it and am having no luck at all.
The relay is square and has six prongs. The old relay has D8243 stamped on it. I have been told that the Chrysler part number is 4848193. I have also been told that it was manufactured by Standard Bluestreak and its number is RY458.
I have called many places and looked on the internet. A few websites claim to have the part I need, but the applicable picture shows less than 6 prongs and it is sometimes rectangular, not square.
Does anybody out there know where I could possibly find the correct fuel pump relay?

Thank you

Ryan_DSA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have several used, and 1 brand new OMRON 4848193 in stock....... We had a back order in for 18 months for a new relay, finally got one instock, these are.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well...hard to help with no history or location info. IF you are in Indy area, call me and I'll give you one.

MoparMartian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for a fuel relay for my 1998 Viper GTS. They are very hard to find. Does anyone have one available still?

Thanks Much,
Bryan

PS: I Live in the Denver CO area.

Reaction score
I'm looking for a fuel relay for my 1998 Viper GTS. They are very hard to find. Does anyone have one available still?

Thanks Much,
Bryan

PS: I Live in the Denver CO area.

Hello Bryan,

They are no longer available. But here's what you can do; Just use any standard name brand relay. You only need a 4 prong, NOT a 5 prong. The center prong is unused.

Just trim pin #86 with a wire stripper to match the small prong on the old relay. You're Done! It's that simple!

Best of Luck to you!

Best regards,
Doug