Looking for Head..........s

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all - Looking for some needed power.....Gen 2 N/A GTS.

I was asked to compete in Grassroots Motorsports Magazine's 1st annual Ultimate Track Car Challenge held on July 27th. Curious, I went to Cardomain's special section that lists the competitors and suffice to say the Viper is significantly underpowered. My car at 3400 pounds (with me in it) and 470 RWHP will be at a significant disadvantage down the straights vs, say the MR2 at 650 RWHP, or the 2600 pound Miata with a 5.6 HP/LBS ratio. Oh theres others in the group with a 100+ HP and 500 pound weight advantage.

I am looking for a set of good heads that someone may have taken off due to a sale, or upgrade to the absolute latest/greatest striker head etc. To narrow the gap on some of these guys. I already procured an AEM and a set of 3.33 unitrax gears to help out.

I figure if I can drop my ratio from 7.3 to around 6.0 HP/LB I will have a good shot.

for reference, the my car and my competition are linked below.
My 96 GTS: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2578513
Competitors: http://www.cardomain.com/MakeModel/all/all/category|23

Anyone have any leads?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Archer racing has heads, and I doubt you can get anything better...Of course, to take advantage of the heads, you will need a new cold air intake and headers and a racing exhaust...then count on an add'l 50 HP.

www.archerracing.com

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!

I signed up for that, but they sent me a polite letter telling me that I wasn't invited.

Glad to see there's at least one Viper to represent the Viper nation.

Good luck!

OP
OP
B

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well **** KAI if you aint goin, can I "borrow" your heads? 609/609 NA is more than I think I could get.

Simms - if I have to go retail on a set of new, I have already talked to Jeff. Not gonna toss a bazillion dollars on a set of new strikers (would LOVE to) but maybe a set of nice gen II cncs. Will have to give GG a ring too.

John - got your PM and will call you when its not later in the morning on the left coast...

Thanks for the quick replies. Wanna do the Viper Nation Proud.

OP
OP
B

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screw the FFR GTM. Screw em all. I know a sweet *** shortcut between T14 and T17 thats worth 6 seconds...

I wonder if power adders are legal...shoot NAWZ down the front straight to a 180 mph terminal speed b4 braking. lol.

Thanks for all the leads guys. I'll figure something out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery