Looking for wheels and tires, 94

Mk1994

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New guy here, I have a 94 rt/10, 14k with original tires 17in wheels, cracking starting to form on the tires so I'm looking to for a wheel tire upgrade, color black - maybe a 18in CCW or Gen 2, not sure what size wheels and tires I would need yet. 18, 19 or 18/19 combo? Also thinking about getting another set of the same wheel and powder coat them black. Anyone selling? Send pictures, hoping to be in th San francisco Bay Area also. (Shipping could be $200?) So far I've seen Costco and tire rack with the same prices on tires $1600 Mich. PS2 anyone see cheaper? Thanks I love this beast and happy to be here.

vortec04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just put new Michelin PS2's on my 94. Great tires! If you want to keep the car looking relatively stock then stay with your original wheels. Otherwise grab some 18/18 or 18/19's off the newer generation vipers. They're all a direct fit for our cars from what I've read. Way more tire options when you get into 18 inch or bigger wheels. The classified sections usually got some gen 2-5 wheels for sale.

OP
OP
M

Mk1994

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I'm leading towards keeping the originals in storage and buying same wheels but powder coat them black, saw a picture on Google and thought they look pretty sick. What do you think I should pay for another set of originals. Missed out on an eBay auction for $200 with $200 shipping a few weeks ago. Anyone have a set the want to sell?

Last edited:

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go to 18s, I have 2 sets of four left of 335 30 18 and 275 35 18 Mich. $500 for each set of four. I got them from a tire guy that went out of business, don't know much about them, but so far everyone that sees them buys a set. When I got them I thought they would sell fast, but seems they only fit some Vipers, small market.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may have a set of gen 3/4 5 spokes with like new Nitto Invos.

They are powder coated Black recently and look amazing.

Going to be pretty high on price being I have a lot into them but they are like new all around.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Gen. II oem's with the Original tires that look Brand New (only 8k miles on them & the wheels) but the tires would be like driving on ice since they're old & hard! Wheels look good & i would let them go rather cheap since i won't need them anymore, you would just need to powder coat black if thats what you want. shoot me a pm if you're interested! WELCOME to the Club! :)

arizonajack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 96 RT/10 has the 18/19 wheels from an 04. They look great. I'm planning to do them in black, too.

Two suggestions:

1 - Try Plasti-Dip first instead of powder coating. It's durable and you can easily remove it if you don't like it or want to change the color.

2 - Check the date codes if you buy used tires. Anything over about 5 years old should be examined closely no matter how much tread is left.

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go to 18s, I have 2 sets of four left of 335 30 18 and 275 35 18 Mich. $500 for each set of four. I got them from a tire guy that went out of business, don't know much about them, but so far everyone that sees them buys a set. When I got them I thought they would sell fast, but seems they only fit some Vipers, small market.

Steve Im in NJ also, might be interested in a set of those, PM me more details.

DaJerseyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
steve, I sent PM please reply..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper