Looking to buy 13-14 SRT. Need Help

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by bholasrt, Aug 16, 2018.

1. bholasrt

bholasrt Enthusiast

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am in the market for a 13-14 SRT and need some feedback.

I went to a dealership to check out a 2014 SRT. The price was reasonable, but what prevented me from signing on the dotted line was the $12,000 they wanted for extended warranty.

For those current Gen 5 Viper owners, my question is to you:

1. What is the actual maintenance of Vipers? Does the Viper require a lot of repairs and/or does part need replacement often.

2. Is it worth the extra cost to get extended warranty?

3. Should I take the risk and purchase the Viper without the additional warranty?

Your feedback and help would be greatly apprecaited.

2. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

Does the warranty cover drivetrain up to including engine replacement, if yes. Might not be a dad deal.

However, I would read all be small print

3. bholasrt

bholasrt Enthusiast

The dealership said the Warranty is customizable, so it was hard for them to give me an exact price. But it was $10-15k

They are using a 3rd party warranty company for exotic cars.

I do not plan to race or modify the Viper.

Thank you for the reply. Would like to hear more from other Viper owners.

I plan to purchase the Viper by end of year. Want to do all my research first.

4. AZTVR

AZTVR Enthusiast

That price is laughable if really $12,000. I will PM you the name of a person that is well known in the Dodge community for a good deal on the factory extended warranty. Contact him for a quote. Note that many; but not all, 2013 and 2014 Vipers have had their powertrain warranty increased to 10years/100,000 miles whichever comes first. However, because of the complexity of the electronics and other issues, you may want to consider an extended warranty for the non-powertrain items. I need to make that decision also. A quick look online indicates a 7 year/60000 warranty would be less than $1800 if I am reading it right.

5. bholasrt

bholasrt Enthusiast

Thank you AZTVR. Your help is really appreciated. I nearly feel out of my seat when the finance rep told me the price of the warranty. I knew they were trying to make extra margins on the sale.

Yes, I've heard about the 13-14 increased warranty from the manufacture.

Thank you for the reply =)

6. matt dillon

matt dillon Viper Owner

12k is STUPID High, only thing I could guess is IF your car hasn't had all the Recalls done! Like AZTVR said contact him or I can give you somebody to call. My OWN local Dealership quoted me 2k more than what my friend from out of town that's worked at a Dealership for over 25 years gave me!

7. 98RT98

98RT98 Viper Owner

call 1-888-306-6545 this is the official FSC site they will give you info on extended warranty