Looking to buy a Viper =).........

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason-Middle Tennessee:
Call Bill P at Woodhouse Dodge

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SebringSilverC5,

Use the search option and you'll find more info than you ever thought possible!! If you still can't find what your looking for, then let us know
smile.gif

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Common problems? None I know of on recent models (i.e., Gen II)...

Cost of ownership - Maintenance just like any other car, some parts can be more expensive though, e.g., tires.

Strengths - Power! Appearance!

There are a # of things to look for in buying a viper, somewhere on this site is an article on buying a used viper, it's hard to find though, and the board operators seem to refuse to put it in the FAQ section?! If you find one you're interested in, a local viper owner may be willing to check it out for you (esp. useful if you are far away from it). Also note, there are a lot of differences between years (e.g., 99 and earlier have forged pistons, 01 and later have ABS, etc.).

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mines for sale. I'm trying to find a 360 Modena. I have only 1,500 miles, 2001 Sapphire Blue GTS.

DSC00140.JPG

DSC00141.JPG

DSC00145.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

DSC00139.JPG

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
Mines for sale. I'm trying to find a 360 Modena. I have only 1,500 miles.

DSC00140.JPG

DSC00141.JPG

DSC00145.JPG

DSC00135.JPG

DSC00139.JPG

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This car is perfect in everyway. Better than a new one at that!!

S

SUN RA KAT

SebringSilverC5 - The pedals adjust about 4" forward-backward. I'm 6'5" and also had to go with the 2" nonadjustable seat lowering kit to have enough headroom. I still need more legroom even with the pedals adjusted as far back as they will go, but stretching exercises help some. The Sean Roe clutch kit helps alot by lowering the clutch pedal to the level of the rest of the pedals. I can stil put my left foot under it if I won't be shifting for a while. The right foot is another matter. I definitely have more legroom when I press the snake pedal further away towards the floor...
supergrin.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kungfool:
Dude... Richard Roma is f'ing pi$$ed!!!

Better call him... Otherwise he'll teach you how to chew gum... that or lock you in a room with "gutterbug" till your cranium enlarges and you contract elaphantitis!!!

Beware!!!!!!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey, have you driven a 360? I have driven the coupe, stick and F-1, and a Spyder F-1, what a disappointment! I wish I knew you were looking, the boss just sold all three of his.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
Trey, have you driven a 360? I have driven the coupe, stick and F-1, and a Spyder F-1, what a disappointment! I wish I knew you were looking, the boss just sold all three of his.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never driven one but I'm told they drive like a dream. Is that not true? Is the Viper a better drive than the 360 Steve? The only person I know with one is out of State right now, I'm waiting on pins & needles for him to get back. Please let me know.

mystic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey, if you have the money to afford a ferrari then I am sure you have the money it would take to rent a Ferrari for the day. Look on the web for the closest rental places and go rent one for a day. Would probably cost around 1,000$ or so, maybe a little less? and you get like 100 miles a day which would give you plenty of time to drive it. Also, make sure you look over the car for any scratchs, dents, etc because rental places try to scam you. IE: you take the car, bring it back and they take a mirror and put it under the car and will show you the undercarage is dented/scratched and say you did it...so look over the car really well adn point out ANYTHING you see.

Good luck
Dave

PS; how much you looking to get out of your car? it looks awesome!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mystic:
Trey, if you have the money to afford a ferrari then I am sure you have the money it would take to rent a Ferrari for the day. Look on the web for the closest rental places and go rent one for a day. Would probably cost around 1,000$ or so, maybe a little less? and you get like 100 miles a day which would give you plenty of time to drive it. Also, make sure you look over the car for any scratchs, dents, etc because rental places try to scam you. IE: you take the car, bring it back and they take a mirror and put it under the car and will show you the undercarage is dented/scratched and say you did it...so look over the car really well adn point out ANYTHING you see.

Good luck
Dave

PS; how much you looking to get out of your car? it looks awesome!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's actually a GREAT idea!! I never even thought of that! I forgot that they're are a lot of places doing that right now. One comes to mind on Westheimer but I've only seen 355's there. Excellent idea man! Thanks a lot! Thanks for the tip too. I think I'll do that this weekend! If the storms don't hit. I've just been waitin areound like an idiot for my friends friend to get back in town to ride in his. But I'd rather rent one & drive it myself! I'm excited now.
embarass.gif
embarass.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trey, I hate to say it, and I am sure this will upset many of the people who are dreaming of obtaining a 360 in the future, but my assessment of the 360 is no where close to that of the mag rags!

Hope this helps:

The car handles like it is on rails (a very good observation) and it draws looks. But when compared to a GTS, I can comfortably say that the GTS will snap more heads than a 360. Now performance wise I can guarantee you will be VERY DISAPPOINTED! This is a car that has less than 300 bs of torque. You will literally be yawing when you hit the gas. Now add into the equations the service. The dealer charges almost $400 for an oil change (I think it takes 27 quarts of synthetic oil) and factor in the 5000 and 15000 mile service fees, and all of a sudden you have a car that will cost you on average 3,000-4,000 ADDITIONAL dollars per year just to enjoy. And god help you if you track the machine? I have seen owners drop $1500 right at the track just to get the brakes adjusted!

Now here is the real killer, at least in the Chicago market, you have to pay over sticker, but you should plan on loosing $20,000 in the first year of depreciation, and about 10,000-15,000 per year in the 2-3 years following the first. You are probably saying how? Well as soon as Ferrari launches a car it gets a premium OVER sticker, and people pay it. But once a car has been around a few years, and then Ferrari launches another vehicle, the current ones all loose big time.

Honestly, if you want a great Ferrari get a used 550, much better car all around. If you have any actual questions don't be afraid to call. At any given time we have 5-10 Ferraris in the office garage!

Good luck!

Tony Cantafio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve:

You may know a lot about Vipers, but your Ferrari knowledge leaves a lot to be desired. You should not be giving advice on a subject about which you obviously know very little. The only thing worse than no information is bad information, starting with 27 quarts of oil.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not profess to know anything about Ferrari other than pure observation and from the opportunities I have had driving them. What I know for a fact is that the 512M and 550 both cost $378 for an oil change, EACH. The reason that was EXPLAINED to me by the two gentlemen that own the cars is that the price is that high due to the large amount of oil that is required and I thought that number was between 21 & 27 quarts. If this statement is not true then I apologize, but I do have all the service bills that each of these Ferrari's has generated over the last three years, and on AVERAGE, they cost 2,000-5,000 per year if you drive them at all!

As for my driving observations, the only Ferrari that has given any thrill even close to a Viper is the F40 (and yes we have one of those here as well).